You can type here any text you want

Question about adding some race fuel and boost

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

transampacecar

If I had 5 or 6 gallons of 110 race fuel to 10 gallons of 93, can I raise the boost a few PSI ?
Also, if the answer is yes, does it matter that I have the stock chip or would the chip have to be changed ?
TTA is all stock with no mods.

Make sure you have a scan tool before raising the boost at all. Your mixture will give you about 98-99 overall octane rating, which is enough to raise the boost to about 19-20# if you were not getting any knock to start with.
Use the scan tool to monitor knock, if you hear the knock, then you may have already done damage to headgaskets, bearings etc...
Stock chip will be ok, unless you max the MAF to 255 gpms, then you may suffer from MAF dropout and boost will bounce around cause the ECM will think the MAF is reading alot lower air intake and will try to bleed off alot of boost, and then the cycle starts over..

Scantool first. I second that. Also, get at least a thrasher chip because of the stock chip's timing/fueling if you up the boost.You will be much safer.

HTH
Bo

Originally posted by TT/Ameasap
Also, get at least a thrasher chip because of the stock chip's timing/fueling if you up the boost.You will be much safer.
And a Thrasher chip does not suffer from MAF dropout if you max out the MAF reading. Plus its only $25 and you can have anti-theft with it. You can order then from Scott231 on this board.

I actually have a Thrasher chip I bought and used for an hour just to test.

If you're interested, e-mail me. Bought it from a VERY trusted member of this board.

M

Back