You can type here any text you want

Question about MBC

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

1fast6

I am getting ready to install a (used) Hallman MBC. I read the part about the actuator rod adjustment and the vac lines but I am not clear on the vac "Y".
Do I leave this in the system or is it removed? What about the MAP? is it still used? My set up is in sig. Thanks.
Jeff

You better have octane if you plan on running higher boost.

When you mess with a boost controller, if you make a mistake.. what happens is you overboost.. next thing is you "ping" the motor and next thing.. your in a lot of $$$ trouble.

MAP is only used for boost gauge on stock cars.

The factory setup is fine, just needs the rod to be adjustable. If you want higher boost because you have higher octane fuel/alky.. then you bleed off and install bleeder in place of factory solenoid. Leave the Y in place.

You better have octane if you plan on running higher boost.

When you mess with a boost controller, if you make a mistake.. what happens is you overboost.. next thing is you "ping" the motor and next thing.. your in a lot of $$$ trouble.

MAP is only used for boost gauge on stock cars.

The factory setup is fine, just needs the rod to be adjustable. If you want higher boost because you have higher octane fuel/alky.. then you bleed off and install bleeder in place of factory solenoid. Leave the Y in place.

I will be adding your alky kit soon. Just stock piling parts right now.
So if I'm reading this right, what your saying is the mbc takes the place of the w/g solenoid.

How about if you are using the RJC boost controler? I dont think its a bleeder ...

Let me make sure I'm on the right page so I don't throw any codes.
I have a TT chip and after market boost gauge. I am going to install a manual boost controller. What is the thing on the pass. side valve cover called, what does it do, and do I need it? (the thing that has a vac line and a port on it with a wire harness plug)
Can I omit it and just run the vac/boost line from the compressor to the mbc and the outlet side of the mbc to the waste gate diaphram thing that has the rod on it that connects to the w/g.
As you can see I am new to this and don't have all the propper terminology down yet.
My mbc is not a bleeder type. Hallman pro mbc.

The thing ion the valve cover is the factory boost controller even when you remove the vacaum line from it you have to leave it plugged in...

RJC unit has a .020 hole in it to bleed off boost so the wastegate can close.

Battle proven unit, been around for many many years.

Razor makes a solid point. Raising boost while not suporting it can cause a helathy relationship with your headgasked vendor.

Keep Mike Licht's phone number handy. :biggrin:
I have it on speed dial.

Just installed it and made about 4 1/4 mile passes. 17# with no KR.
Need to shorten the w/g rod though. mbc is maxed out with 17#.

Back