You can type here any text you want

Question about rubber plugs on the bottom of the doors

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

cottonpicker14

I decided to clean and wax the bottom of the driver and passenger doors. I found that there was two rubber plugs on each of the doors at underneath.
To me it seems that these should be removed because if water gets into the door by way of the top of the door and glass, it would get trapped inside the door because of the plugs.
Can anyone check the bottom of their doors to see if these plugs were removed ? YOu will have to lay on your back on the ground to see them.
Thanks.

Im not currently by my vehicle but it sounds like the car may have been rust proofed or "ziebarted" at one time in its life. They will typically use rubber plugs after they drill holes to shoot in the rust proofing.

Those rubber plugs where put there by the factory, I replaced them when I had my car painted.

If you look at the holes if I remember correct there's a slight cutout that will allow any water to drain and I beleive there's 1 or 2 smaller holes down there as well that surve that purpouse as well .... so leave the plugs there and don't worry about them :)

Back