You can type here any text you want

Question about to much fuel pressure

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

cottonpicker14

My BL number was up around 149 on my stock TTA with 43 fuel pressure (hose off). I found that as I increased the adjustable fuel regulator the BL started to drop. When I got the pressure up to 50 the BL number came down to 139. (when I am at 50 fuel pressure and at WOT, my O2 reads arond 870 and 0 knock) My question is, what is considered to much fuel pressure on a stock TTA and what happens if I run it to high ? I would like to increase it some more to see if I can get the BL number lower at idle.
Thanks

P.S. I have changed all the hoses including the 3 piece set that has the plastic Y

as far as I know, the only thing that will happen is that you will run rich.

you are already rich at 870 on youre 02s.

You have a fueling issue with the car.

The Y and its hoses only affect the turbo not fueling.

Search for "high BLM" and you'll see plenty.

O2 sensor, MAF, injectors, cracked header, pinhole in IC, etc can cuase maladies. More than likely its an air leak.. typical one is the EGR gasket and PCV.

High BLM's will wash down cylinders, and pollute your oil. Keep an eye and nose on it.. if it smells like gas.. change it.. and dont race/hammer on it till its fixed.

Last tid bit.. sometimes it takes 10 minutes.. sometimes 1 month of looking for it. It can be a very tough problem to fix sometimes..

Back