You can type here any text you want

Question for Baldwin B9 Filter users

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Danster

Which filter is best to use? I went to the website and quite a few B9 filters are available and I wanted to see what others are using with success.

I plan on ordering a Biggie adapter today and wanted to order some filters also, thanks!

Dannyo

I thought there was only one Baldwin B9 filter available?

Mine is the large red one and it says B9 on the box.

Go to http://baldwinfilter.com/ and then click on the catalog button and enter B9. You'll see quite a few B9 filters come up.

Do you have any part number other than B9 stamped on the filter?

Dannyo

I think there is only one B9 that's a filter crossreference chart.

Specs. on the B9 are available clicking on the blue B9 symbol.

Fleetpride truck parts stores should have them.

I will check my spare ones later for box part numbers.

Gotta run up to Cottons now. :)

If you don't mind, can you post the part number on the box just to make sure I do get the correct filter.

Thanks for your help!

Dannyo

just go into the parts store and ask for the B9 filter there is only one for our cars, while ur at it changing the adapter do the thurst plate on the stock oil pump, trust me you will be happy you did it, only 14.95 at Napa stores and they usually have them in stock, comes with longer bolts and the gaskets accordingly.

Only thing on the box printed is B9 Microlite registered trademark. :)

Bar Code label is 791440000094 Made in the USA. :cool:

Just ask for a B9 they will get ya the right one.

Bar code and number is printed on the big red filter too.

Also this number on the top of the filter casing: 1229815524

Probably a production date code.

Originally posted by Danster
If you don't mind, can you post the part number on the box just to make sure I do get the correct filter.

Thanks for your help!

Dannyo

The reason there are so many B9's listed is because those are the applications listed. Not because there's more than one B9, just a lot of different applications.

B9 is a B9.

I've literally used about every filter available for these cars, and I will never again buy anything but a Baldwin. Unlike 99% of the others I've tried, their anti drain back valve actually does it's job, all the time, everytime.
I've even got a Baldwin equivalant to the PF52 on my 87.
That one used to "clatter" at startup, NOT any more.

Originally posted by wiked87gn
just go into the parts store and ask for the B9 filter there is only one for our cars, while ur at it changing the adapter do the thurst plate on the stock oil pump, trust me you will be happy you did it, only 14.95 at Napa stores and they usually have them in stock, comes with longer bolts and the gaskets accordingly.

What will changing the Thurst plate do for the car?

Dannyo

Back