Question for Bob

dew

I have a Extender Extreme chip for 60 lb injectors with 23 degrees timing in 1st and second and 21 in 3th. On my Direct Scan it shows 23.2 in 1 and 2 then drops to 21.1 in third. I set Blm cell 10 to 6 which is 0 degreees extra in the first two gears WOT --which should take timing back to the 21.1 as in 3th. But I get 22.5 degrees in 1--2 and 21.1 in third gear. Do I have the wrong info on 6 being 0 degrees for wot timing in 1-2 or do I have a problem --ECM, Esc or whatever?

Each number is roughly 1/3 of a degree. So you'll have to take it down more. I believe you may have to take it to zero if you want to add nothing to 1st and 2nd.
Eric

IIRC Erik is correct. You need to take it down to zero to remove the full 2 degrees of LO gear advance.

Thanks, Bob and Eric for the info. I have another question-- the chip was still set as in post, 6 in BLM 10, I reset to 4 in blm 10 and car would start but would not take throttle. I reset ECM then reprogramed blm 10 to 4 car is fine. So does the Ecm need to be cleared before making a program change and add all your changes at the same time or can you to a change to say (timing) and the next day do a change to another feature?

the ecm does not need to be cleared, you may have accidentally put the ECM into valet mode.

B