You can type here any text you want

Question for Hooker 2.5" exhaust owners

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

lnkncontiverto

Feel my Pacifists-of-Fury
I was tinkering with this system yesterday and I am not sure what to bolt the tail pipes to behind the rear wheel. The kit came with a rubber strip with several holes in it, along with a metal bracket. I cannot figure out where/ how this was intended to connect. If anyone can shed some light on this, it would be greatly appreciated. If you have a picture lying around that you could post, that would probably be even more helpful.

Thanks

I drilled a hole into the frame about 4"-6" behind the rear wheel, and used self tapping bolts. There should be some rubber gromets that come in the kit also. Be sure the pipes don't rub where they bend over the axle... :D

I drilled a hole into the frame about 4"-6" behind the rear wheel, and used self tapping bolts. There should be some rubber gromets that come in the kit also. Be sure the pipes don't rub where they bend over the axle... :D

What he said, they go right on the frame with rubber to isolate both sides. The rubber strips go on the front of the mufflers and latch onto the clamps. You really need 2 people to get the fitment correct without having to re adjust everything a million times.

aerochambers.jpg

Thank you both!

I'll try and snap a pic of the back hanger for you tonight, I have to crawl up under there anyways. I do remember that they don't actually exit in the exact location, one is an inch farther back. It could just be how I put it in, but it was the only way the passenger would fit without hitting the coil.

I got mine to exit very close to the same area, but my clearance between the coil and the pipe is like 1/2 inch on the one side. I'm not worried about it rubbing, just melting my airbag, I dunno if the heat deflector works very well.

Back