You can type here any text you want

Question for Lonnie (quickt)

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

JeffG

Drive it like u stole it
question for Lonnie if you're out there..........
I was doing some searching in the archives, trying to find some answers to my miss problem. I came across an old thread:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I had same problem last year and replaced everything electronic on the damn car. The problem was valve springs. The higher the boost level the lower rpm the miss will come in. Lower the boost level it will raise the rpm the miss come in slightly. The sound is like a radical popping threw the intake. If this sounds close check the valve springs. I had that problem with the LT1 springs and the Crane 99838 springs. Changed to
K-motion K-750 set at 1.700 and the problem is now gone. The key was 130psi seat pressure not 110 like Crane suggested. "

Lonnie Diers
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am at the same point. I am going to try a valve spring change for my 210/210 roller. I was wondering if your H-11 steel k-motion springs are still working okay for you. My car is mostly street driven, and I have noticed that most H-11 material springs are for drag race applications, where they use mostly Silicon Steel for endurance and street applications. Could be spring rate of the material, could be fatigue issues......don't know? I just wanted to make sure there were no longevity concerns.
I came across some Silicon steel springs that will provide about 140lbs on the seat, but have a lighter spring rate then the k-motion 750's. If you have a few miles on yours with no issues, I think I'll go the k-motion route.

Thanks in advance....................

I think Lonnie is out of town for a few days. But the best I know he still has the K750 springs on his car and still loves them.
See ya, Kip

Originally posted by JeffG
question for Lonnie if you're out there..........
I was doing some searching in the archives, trying to find some answers to my miss problem. I came across an old thread:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I had same problem last year and replaced everything electronic on the damn car. The problem was valve springs. The higher the boost level the lower rpm the miss will come in. Lower the boost level it will raise the rpm the miss come in slightly. The sound is like a radical popping threw the intake. If this sounds close check the valve springs. I had that problem with the LT1 springs and the Crane 99838 springs. Changed to
K-motion K-750 set at 1.700 and the problem is now gone. The key was 130psi seat pressure not 110 like Crane suggested. "

Lonnie Diers
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am at the same point. I am going to try a valve spring change for my 210/210 roller. I was wondering if your H-11 steel k-motion springs are still working okay for you. My car is mostly street driven, and I have noticed that most H-11 material springs are for drag race applications, where they use mostly Silicon Steel for endurance and street applications. Could be spring rate of the material, could be fatigue issues......don't know? I just wanted to make sure there were no longevity concerns.
I came across some Silicon steel springs that will provide about 140lbs on the seat, but have a lighter spring rate then the k-motion 750's. If you have a few miles on yours with no issues, I think I'll go the k-motion route.

Thanks in advance....................

I have about 3100 miles on my car since the install of the K-motions. I have 71 full 1/4 mile passes. When I checked seat psi the on car spring checker they still pull 130 on the seat. To say the least I am impressed with the K-motions.

Back