You can type here any text you want

Question for the 9sec guys.sold roller or not?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

turbotwister

FAST COMPANY PERFORMANCE
Hi guys and gals,

I am currently averaging 9.70's with a few 9.60's with a 215/220 roller.

The question is if it would benefit to go to a solid roller or not.

the car is basically set up for TSM and there is a good possibility that i will race tsm next year and want to be as competitive as i can.

its a 235ci engine with ported gn1's,etc etc

let me know what ya think.

thanks,Nick

The higher rpms may change the way your converter works, may change the tune and other possible head aches may pop up. I think if the car is running good I would keep what you got. 9.60's can get it done. The low et's are usually done in qualifying. Being able to do well on a pro tree is the main thing you should worry about imo. Hope to see you at the races next year! It's always nice to see new people race the class.

Id go solid if i were you. Its easier to make power with a solid and you wont have such a narrow window to make power with like you do on a hydraulic. You can run a lot more spring on them. Plan on a converter adjustment and new springs as well as a lot more fueling at high rpms. If it were me id build an engine that will make power to 6800rpm and be shifted around there. Ive got a strong running hydraulic combo but its a lot easier to be able to make power at a higher rpm when you want to be approaching 150mph with 28" tires.

well thats good.i have some interesting points from both sides of the spectrum.keep the opinions coming guys.I understand that some of you TSM guys might be reluctant to give away any secrets but more opinions would greatly be apreciated.

Thanks again,Nick

You didn't give much detail on your complete setup.. without that, don't know what potiential you may already have. I wouldn't change the cam unless everything else in the car is up to par.

List what the car has Boost psi,turbo, efi, trans, conv, IC, etc..

between 1.48 and 1.42 60' times

are you guys usually running more boost?

What's the weight?
Work on your sixty foot times. You will be running faster 9.5s in the quarter. Boost depends on the car and backpressure.. :wink:

What's the weight?
Work on your sixty foot times. You will be running faster 9.5s in the quarter. Boost depends on the car and backpressure.. :wink:

I havent weighed it yet.i think its probably about 3600 with me in it.

why is what the TSM guys run for boost always a secret?lol

Boost is one of those more is better variables in turbo racing. No one wants the word to get out on how the numbers are stepping up. That just gives everyone the incentive to do the same.

If the intention is to run the car competitively, then the only choice in my book is a solid roller. Period. Anything else is wimping it.

Boost is one of those more is better variables in turbo racing. No one wants the word to get out on how the numbers are stepping up. That just gives everyone the incentive to do the same.

There is no magic boost number.. Depends on what the car likes. Remember Boost is the air not going into the engine.

If the intention is to run the car competitively, then the only choice in my book is a solid roller. Period. Anything else is wimping it.

Don, I'm hurt that you said that... :)

There is no magic boost number.. Depends on what the car likes. Remember Boost is the air not going into the engine.

Don, I'm hurt that you said that... :)

You're right. Boost is just another clue as to how the engine/turbo is setup. If the person is running good and he's using higher boost than everyone else, you can bet people will be putting their thinking cap on to figure out his combination.

You're right. Boost is just another clue as to how the engine/turbo is setup. If the person is running good and he's using higher boost than everyone else, you can bet people will be putting their thinking cap on to figure out his combination.

Or using lower boost and going faster than almost everyone else.

Back