You can type here any text you want

Question in regards of a Z-1 chip?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

jd94ss

I was wondering, if anyone could help me find some specs on this chip I have? It was in the car that I bought. It says -86 GN 160* Upgrade- written in hand at the top. Then the underside is printed and says,
Z-1 CHIPS (tm)
87 G.N. 160 DEG.
AUTO GM
I am just curious as to what else its specs are, besides the obvious 160* stat. Thanks in advance for your help.

Man-o-man! talk about ancient history! :eek:

It's hard to try and remember all the old chips, especially that one, simply because it was so unremarkable. Not much at all changed in it. Some fairly insignificant performance changes, mabe a little boost (can't remember the setting), a little more timing (good then, bad today), and chages to run the fan closer to the 160° range to match the thermostate that I believe they packaged with it.

Commander Chip

Invest is a Full Throttle Commander Chip they are better with todays fuel quality.. The Z industry probably has stock timing and a temperature program. If you have alcohol injection then it would work well...

Thats an old ZTech chip and despite what people are telling you, at the time, it was pretty advanced from a tuning aspect. Ron Zimmer actually tuned via the MAF table, which is something Ive never heard of anyone doing before. Even when you got one of his chips for larger injectors, the injector constant was stock and the MAF table was tweaked.

Good stuff for back then. By today's standards its meh but back then, it was really interesting in the approach he took.

Back