Question>Vig Multi-Disk

LUZ_2_A6

Old School
I have a Vigilante 9" Multi-Disk lock up convertor, it came with some "thing"(a metal tube with a fitting on one side) that you have to drill the front pump for. Is this necessary to run the convertor, i have a built tranny with a 10-vane front pump and was hoping i don't need this so that i could save a little money, but i am not cheap and if i need it i will do it.

Thanks, Nicholas

The evacuation tube and the cooler line restrictor are to help the t/c lock up at WOT.You can run without both of these items no problem. I have found the t/c may or may not lock up at WOT with or without these two parts.

Both parts are very easy to install. The metal tube is inserted in the pump and helps provide fluid during lockup. It comes with instructions and only took about 30 minutes to install. I also checked with several people and was told to definitely install the tube but don't worry about the restrictor orfice in the cooler line.

Check with Bruce or Mike Kurtz for the real scoop.

I read the directions and it says that you have to take the tranny out to drill the holes in the pump, i really didn't want to do that. I guess i have to though, does anyone know if you can do this without pulling the tranny out? Thanks for the help.

Nicholas

You will need the pump out and on your work bench to perform this operation. Actually this is a great time to upgrade to a hardened stator shaft, hardened pump rings, 10 or 13 vane pump, .50 boost valve, and new front seal.

Give Mike a call at Century Transmission (PMAC) he will get you on the right path with parts or you can send your pump and have it all done for you. Sooner or later you WILL buy these parts, might as well do it now.

I have all of the best peices in my tranny, except, i have a 10 vane pump, not a 13 vane. I have hardened stator, broke 2 of them, hard 3rd drum, broke 2 off them also, heh heh heh.