You can type here any text you want

Question with hydro boost

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

buddy

I installed a new cardone hydroboost last week and have 0 pedal. When I pump brakes I can see the shaft through the holes in master cylinder but no firmness. I bench bled the master properly and bled the hydroboost properly. I have no turbulence in brake fluid when brake is pressed. I even disconnected brake line and pressed brakes with no fluid coming out. Can somebody post up a picture of the mating surface between the hydroboost and mc. I have a feeling a rod is missing.
Thanks
Rich

This what you are looking for?

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

When you apply the brakes with the engine running(you'll need an assistant), can you see the fluid returning to the power steering reservoir? Is the reservoir topped up with fluid?
If when applying brakes the fluid in the master cylinder isn't moving that would lead me to bleed everything again. Is it a spongy pedal? Or is it just going to the floor?
When you bled the rest of the system did you start with the pass rear, then driver rear, pass front then driver front? Bleed easy? Nice clean fluid coming out?

Thanks for the picture pal, that's what I'm looking for. I actually haven't bled the brake lines yet, just the master cylinder. I thought i woul have some sort of pedal though even with the little bit of air in the lines. There is no firmness at all, I guess ill hav to bleed the lines to rule it out first.
Thanks

So I just pulled off the master cylinder and did the bench bleed procedure again...Turns out I originally bled the mc on the car while it was on an angle. I got a ton more air out. Bolted it back up and brakes work great. Even did a nice little brake stand in garage to get the burnt tire smell back into my system. One thing I noticed that was the first inch of brake pedal was almost useless. I could feel the exact spot about an inch down where the hydroboost groaned and started to assist. Is this normal? I haven't driven a hydroboost car before.

You still need to bleed the lines. Air likes to compress. My hydro doesn't have any hesitation and I proved that yesterday when a guy almost hit me in the Hy-Vee parking lot whipping around a corner.

I bled the master on the car and it took more than a few pedal cycles to get what I thought was all the air out. I bled the rest with the idea that I was flushing the system and didn't stop at a wheel until I had clear fluid.

Thanks for the responses guys. I assumed the pedal was still going to be soft since I havent t bled the lines yet. I'll get to that one of these days before I et the car on the road.

Back