You can type here any text you want

Questions about tta

• Thread starter Thread starter SS Mark
  • Start date Start date

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
S

SS Mark

I am considering getting a TTA in the near future but i would like to know more about them. I assume they have a 700r4, but what rearend, 9bolt? 10 bolt? what gear? aluminum heads? How easy to put inot the 12's? 11's? Did they come with leather at all. Or if there is just a site that lists everything about them that would be great too. Thanks
-Mark

www.89tta.com That will give you more knowlege of this car.

The tranny is a 2004r and the rear is 9 bolt w/3.27

Very easy to put in the 12's and with some knowlege and good weather 11's all with stock parts and unopened block. Stick aroud here and you will learn alot about the LC2.

Welcome to TB.com:)

Bo

Thank you, I looked at those build numbers, it looks like it will be hard for me to find one w/ leather and a hardtop(i had t-tops i hated them) Does the LC2 have aluminum heads? I didnt see that anywhere on the website. What accounts for the power being at such low rpm's? 250hp@4400, my iroc makes power past that. Anyways I will be looking for one hopefully soon but i am going to stick around to learn more about them.
-Mark

Originally posted by SS Mark
Thank you, I looked at those build numbers, it looks like it will be hard for me to find one w/ leather and a hardtop(i had t-tops i hated them) Does the LC2 have aluminum heads? I didnt see that anywhere on the website. What accounts for the power being at such low rpm's? 250hp@4400, my iroc makes power past that. Anyways I will be looking for one hopefully soon but i am going to stick around to learn more about them.
-Mark

the t-top cars are still nice and fun :D

LC2 is the option code for the 3.8 turbo v6 engine found in all the turbo regals, and TURBO TA

the power is TOTALLY UNDER RATED!! factory built they were truely 301 horsepower, not the measly 250 as you read-

my factory original 9,000 mile TTA layed down 323 horses at the rear tires, with only adding a aftermarket chip to the computer!!!

do the math, and that comes close to 380 FLYWHEEL HORSEPOWER!!! alot more than that base 250 horses huh :eek:

true the stock cam doesnt make alot of horsepower past 3800 rpm, but the gobs of torque 440 ft lbs that same day on the dyno make up for the lost high end hp :)

if you are interested in a tta, there are quite a few available in the cars for sale section, just do a search for 89 TTA, and there are 6 or so still available--

HTH-

TTA

The TTA motor has iron heads. They are different (better) than the ones found on the Grand National. Easy 12 second cars... Only 4 cheap mods on mine and it's in the low 12's. Now's a good time to buy one. Their prices have been temporarily driven down as f-body enthusiasts snatch up the last of the LS1 cars :rolleyes:

I always heard that GM randomly dynoed 10 TTAs and the lowest scored 301 rear wheel hp...thus the lowest was made the "official" test result==301 hp. 325-330 sounds about right for the "high" end...to bad the actual results of these GM tests were not released...or conducted by a magazine.

My TTA with stock injectors, a TE 44, and a ATR 2.5" DP with the stock exhaust elbow layed down to the tires 426 HP and nearly 600 ft-lbs of torque at 23-24 psi of boost....that's it for mods! BTW, the pulls were made through the stock exhaust system (no cat). I managed to make that above combo run almost 120 mph on the track with a really bad 60' time on Nittos.

Originally posted by turbov6joe
My TTA with stock injectors, a TE 44, and a ATR 2.5" DP with the stock exhaust elbow layed down to the tires 426 HP and nearly 600 ft-lbs of torque at 23-24 psi of boost....that's it for mods! BTW, the pulls were made through the stock exhaust system (no cat). I managed to make that above combo run almost 120 mph on the track with a really bad 60' time on Nittos.

:eek:

P.S. whats a TE 44?? Aftermarket turbo?? If it is how different is it than stock( when does it spool etc.) and how much did it cost? Thanks for all the info guys
-Mark

Back