You can type here any text you want

quick question about GN1 valve covers

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

forcedinduction

move it like this'''''
my car came with these covers.
does the engine have to come out to remove the passenger side cover because of the air cond unit?
they look taller then stock (I didn't even try to pull it yet)
thanks

Life is much easier with out the heat shield on the ac box, but they will come off either way.

I have mocked up my new engine a dozen times and getting the Champion covers off is easy. Remove the hard heater lines from above the pass side cover. Just pull the hose of the water pump nipple and loosen the large nut on the intake. Flip the lines up and over the doghouse and the cover becomes real easy to get off. My heat shield doesn't give me much trouble

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I hated those valve covers. Sold them and purchased TA Performance low profile...much easier to remove and I think they look better too.

Bryan

I have mocked up my new engine a dozen times and getting the Champion covers off is easy. Remove the hard heater lines from above the pass side cover. Just pull the hose of the water pump nipple and loosen the large nut on the intake. Flip the lines up and over the doghouse and the cover becomes real easy to get off. My heat shield doesn't give me much trouble

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app
X2.. THEY ARE JUST PLAIN TIGHT!!I'M PUTTING MY ORIG ONES BACK ON...

If I recall, I would take the nut off of the trans mount and jack up the trans until it made contact with the tunnel and this would give you more clearance.

Back