You can type here any text you want

Quick Tuning Question

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

54Rich

Here's what I'm running 009's, 3.5" MAF with a Translator and TT chip, current rev. Runs pretty good, but the BLM's after a drive are 120-122, everything else looks good 789 and no knock. But you can tell idle runs a bit rich, ruff idle.

So I removed 10% of the fuel at idle with the translator. Now BLM's 130 after a drive, but 749 and 2.9 degrees of knock.

Part throttle feels stronger, idle is much better. So it looks like I need to add fuel at the top end.

Question is, do I add with the translator or the chip. Any suggestions, I'm new at tuning.

Street car, 16 lbs boost on 92 (No ALKY yet)

Thanks,

I would say thru chip, but be sure to recheck your fuel psi, at fuel rail, because the hotter the car gets, the fuel psi drops at the rail, at least mine do.

+1 on the fuel pressure check do you have adj reg? if so set youre psi at 43 with line off and make sure it rises with boost 16lbs boost =59 psi fuel:biggrin:

You may be pushing the limit for 92 octane. Fatten fuel at the regulator, back the boost off a lb, make a pass and see if 02's go up and knock goes away. It's a balancing act doing fuel and boost in small increments keeping 02's in the 790's to low 800's with no knock. I haven't played with the chip or translater much at all up to this point so won't comment there. Also fp should be 43 bs line off to start with. A spring cleaning would be a really good starting point checking TPS and IAC settings also. Check for vacum leaks too. Key words...small increments. :D

Thanks guys! You could tell that at idle it was running rich. FP is set and right on. So when I pulled 10% at idle the numbers looked better, but then the O2's at WOT were low and I started seeing knock. I'm going to try to add 4% at WOT through the translator and see in the AM. As far as I can tell I can not pull fuel at idle with the chip? Just WOT adjustments and timing.

Car is running really good, all the spring cleaning is done, new vacuum lines, etc.

Of course this is all being done on on ramps:rolleyes:

Thanks

Back