You can type here any text you want

Race Day Check List!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TT/Ameasap

The White Blur
Please post your Race day check list for other members to see.
I am almost ready to head out to the track like lot's of other TTA owner's and thought it would be very good information for new owner's,present owner's and myself to get some idea's from other senior racer list's.

Example:

Tire pressure(specify tire brand)
Tire sizes
best fuel cans
Tools(wrenches,hammers:eek: )
plug gapping
fluid changing and so on......Dont be affraid to get specific....

I Want your Race Day Check List's! So, let's here em!

Thanks,
Bo:)

Ohm out coil packs
Run tank nearly empty
Purge Direct Scan of old saved files
Pen and notebook

Just a few things I can think of. HTH

Track day:

1. Digital Tire gauge
2. Tank of 94 octane
3. Craftsman tool set
4. Direct scan w/ laptop
5. SNELL approved Helmet
6. Deantured alcohol
7. Pants in 100 deg weather
8. Fire extinguisher... just in case!
9. Higher timing chips

If your running race gas, carry an extra 02 sensor, u might foul it with the leaded gas.

And your gonna need 7 bux a gallon for race gas!

If your oil looks dark, change it before u leave with some new synthetic.

~Murt

Let's see, here's what I do on race day:

Lower tire pressure on the Nitto Drag Radials, 20-22 from a street pressure of 30.

Get teched, line up and race!

I make sure I have at least 1/4 tank of 93 octane and my alky resevoir is full. Other than that, nothing. Lately I've been running the Nittos on 22psi on the street to kill them. I have brand new pair waiting in the basement. These have almost 12K miles on them and I think they are starting to get hard.

Originally posted by TTA 1387
Let's see, here's what I do on race day:

Lower tire pressure on the Nitto Drag Radials, 20-22 from a street pressure of 30.

Get teched, line up and race!

I do about the same thing,only with ET Streets and I bring them down to about 15# when I get to the track.I always have tools to adjust the fuel pressure and my laptop(DS).

But I think the biggest things on my list,especially on hot days,is a cooler with some water,iced tea,lemonade,or what ever you like and some snacks or fruits.

Steve

What about the SFI jacket and make sure you have a rear view mirror to watch your opponent fade... :D

AAA card as well..never have needed it...but ya never know ;)

Ohh yeah..bring money :cool:

BTW..Bo when is her majesties debut :eek:

Originally posted by Razor

AAA card as well..never have needed it...but ya never know ;)

I posted that because I actually did use it once. Popped another HG on my second run of the night. Didn't have any KR, at least not on that run, but I am sure it was hurting from getting KR on the street and then just gave up on the track.

Called AAA and drove the car about 1/2 mile from the track so they wouldn't say anything. Gasket bew outwards on #3 so it still ran fine on 5 cylinders and no water in oil.

Had to laugh about the comments in the stands when it blew. Friends watching told me they heard "thats what you get for running too much Naaaaawwwwwwss" and "Thats gonna be expensive". ($40 to machine heads, $99 for stacked steal shims from RaceJace, $25 for an oil change that was due anyways.)

BTW..Bo when is her majesties debut :eek: [/B]

January 04 is my goal if eveything goes right with the house.

Alky kit and slicks will be added to the rocket sled by then.;)

Cool..this coming sat nite the 16th ought to be fun..TampaRacing has the track rented..theyre offering 100 bucks to the fastest street car..I'll be there depending on weather trying out the PAC and having fun...

www.tamparacing.com for info

Ok, here is what I got so far:

1. check coolant
2. extra (new) plugs w/ gapper
3. change oil
4. basic craftsman tools
5. lug wrench
6. ohm coil pack
7. check brake pads
8. extra air in front tires
9. log book
10. remove spare tire and all other crap
11. tire pressure gauge
12. helmet
13. money
14. fuel pressure gauge
15. race chip's
16. alcohol
17. 02 sensor for race gas
18. fire extinguisher
19. AAA card
20. extra vehical ( if poss.)
21. mechanics gloves
22. jack stands

I was going to list snack's ,cooler, chairs etc. but, that would be the "Wife's Race Day List":D

Please add to this list if I am forgetting anything.

Thanks,
Bo:)

Originally posted by 1badTTA
Ohm out coil packs
Run tank nearly empty
<snip, STOP!>
No, no, no! Do not run the tank down below ~3/8 of a tank. You have an in-tank electric pump that needs to have a constant supply of fuel. If the fuel sloshes during launch, and there is only a small amount of fuel in the tank, the pump will suck air. Doing this once will cause knock (from lack of fuel making the engine lean-possibly blowing the head gaskets) and doing it over and over will ruin the fuel pump.

FYI

Originally posted by TT/Ameasap
You should see what Julio fits in his car!:eek: :eek: :D

I just carry a comb to look good... :p

Some duct tape, bailing wire, a set of big pliers and a big flat head screwdriver to threaten circuits with.. ;)

What about shoe polish for bracket racing.

Hey does Summit....or someone like that sell a "marker" or what ever you want to call it, for marking up your window at the track? She polish is hard to get off.

Originally posted by Captain Mark
Hey does Summit....or someone like that sell a "marker" or what ever you want to call it, for marking up your window at the track? She polish is hard to get off.
Yeah, they should. If not I know that Walmart has them, they are near the automotive section and come on a blister pack hanging card (purple or blue I think). They are advertised for decorating car windows (congratulations seniors, boise or bust, things like that).

-Jade

Back