You can type here any text you want

Race Gas with a Razor Alky?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
You can safely run more timing with high octane fuel which makes more power when it's all dialed in. Besides that racing fuel out of a sealed can is likely very close to it's spec. Pump gas is mystery meat. You could have varying co-solvents tankful to tankful. If I was heads up racing in a class that for some reason required 93 octane I'd be using 93 out of a sealed drum not my local gas station pump.

Dan how's the RX7 coming!!!!

JD

It's sitting in the driveway done for over a year. Really havent been using the wagon much now either. :rolleyes: I have to get a better "attitude" soon. BUT now Blazor406 has me thinking again because that POS V4 SLIC that we ran in Melissa's car is now in the Mazda. Prob won't even go in the 12s now. Guess I need a Kool guy FRONT MOUNT in order to have anything go fast :p

Bottom line is.... some use alky for octane (alky has higher octane than pump gas) and cooling.... but you can just use it for cooling.....it takes a little different midset.... but can be done.

Well Im sure guys in the pump gas/alky stuff are using it for power and cooling. This is why I was asking why bother with race gas. Alky/pump gas guys are flying .

Some guys will only run race gas.... so if they see high charge air temps... it is one option.

Me personally....I'm a pump gas alky guy myself...... but I know it works great when circumstances require it.

WHY run alky with RACE gas ??? Am I missing something ?? o_O

Yes you're missing something. I think it's why you make the apples to oranges comparison between injecting alcohol and water. 49% of a molecule of methanol is oxygen. Oxygen is the precious commodity that every motor needs to make more power. This is one of the reasons why methanol increase power. It's the major reason why you have to use so much more (than gasoline) when you run a motor on it.
When you inject nitrous in addition to high octane gasoline you're doing the same thing.You're adding oxygen.

Pay no attention to Grumpy..... he is a has been!

j/k Dan... :) Must be that winter finally set in.....

He is pretty high up on the food chain with pump gas and alky......

Back