You can type here any text you want

Raced a 06 zo6 last night not impressed

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Raist103

raced one last night from 60-100+ older guy did not want to race but i followed him for a bit untill he did. he still had temp tags in the window. the race went as follows, as i followed him for a couple miles we got a opening so i came up on his left when i got about 2 cars behind him he jumped on it, i down shifted into d and got on it he only pulled about 1 more car on me untill about 100 when he started pulling alittle more. now from a dead even rolling lauch i think i would have stayed with him a little better maybe only a 1 1/2-2 car loss. i was in the gn and running 23psi and 110oct.and open exhaust from etown on wed night still.

by the way had problems getting the camera on and only got the 90-100+ areaon film
vid here

http://www.northeastsyty.com/gallery/view_album.php?set_albumName=album443

So you weren't impressed by a stock car that beat your modified GN by like 3 cars? I think it's pretty impressive, especially since they're running 11.2s in a stock car.

The 08 F bodies are slated @ 600 HP :eek: Going to have some very angry Z06 owners. Typical GM move.

72firebird said:
So you weren't impressed by a stock car that beat your modified GN by like 3 cars? I think it's pretty impressive, especially since they're running 11.2s in a stock car.

Think the Vett guy on his Board said ,,,,,,,,,,,"he wasn't impressed with a GN, that he only had to use 3/4 throttle to stay ahead of" :eek:

well i have 1500 in mods and it is a 20 year old car i would think for the cash it would be faster, now i know it could be the driver but still a 20 year old car with 1500 in mods i would not be happy with my 65000 dollars

Raist103 said:
well i have 1500 in mods and it is a 20 year old car i would think for the cash it would be faster, now i know it could be the driver but still a 20 year old car with 1500 in mods i would not be happy with my 65000 dollars
Nice run either way, But, once these cars are used at the 3 years mark, look for them to be much more affordable and they are very superior given the preformance and money$. Once used will be easier, and with little mods are very fast cars. But you did well with only $1500 in mods. With a little more money, it would ahve been difrnt story ;)

Number one rule about racing any zo6 vette is Never Ever go from a roll, most likely unless your car is running low 11's you will lose everytime, always run them out of the hole and make sure you have tires to hook and they will be the ones seeing your taillights :).

yeah i knew i would lose without question just wanted to see how bad. and as i thought at the end after about 100 the brick was showing because he was pulling much harder.

well i do have a pte70 sitting in the garage, maybe i should install and go looking again

wiked87gn said:
Number one rule about racing any zo6 vette is Never Ever go from a roll, most likely unless your car is running low 11's you will lose everytime, always run them out of the hole and make sure you have tires to hook and they will be the ones seeing your taillights :).
It was probably a Z51 and not a ZO6.......from a roll as stated, you would have had your azz handed to you badly.......with your trap speed of 109 and a stock ZO6's trap speed of 128 to 130 and a top speed of 199 it was most likely a Z51.....but it sounded like fun anyway, congrats with your mods reguardless. ;)

1badGT said:
It was probably a Z51 and not a ZO6.......from a roll as stated, you would have had your azz handed to you badly.......with your trap speed of 109 and a stock ZO6's trap speed of 128 to 130 and a top speed of 199 it was most likely a Z51.....but it sounded like fun anyway, congrats with your mods reguardless. ;)
Agreed. I drove my friends ZO6 (It was an 04, so a lot less performance than a new one) and from a roll it would easily tear up any TR that doesnt run near 120mph in the quarter. A newer one with the 128mph trap will really crank on the top end. The handling and driveability of that car is way superior to anything of the 80's era. Nothing ive driven even comes close. TR's are typically for straight line performance. A ZO6 is a road race car that will tear up a lot of exotic cars for a lot less $. How does the $130k Ford GT do against the much cheaper ZO6? Thats a better comparison imo. Ill take the ZO6. I cant wait to run against a new ZO6 with one of my TR's. I plan on trapping 130-132mph so i think it will be close if we go from 60. I will have to catch it though.

bison said:
Agreed......... I cant wait to run against a new ZO6 with one of my TR's. I plan on trapping 130-132mph so i think it will be close if we go from 60. I will have to catch it though.
:D :D I think you'll pull him a little at 60mph but be sure to leave him plenty of room because at around 100mph or so he's gonna be going by you fairly quickly on his way to 199 mph!!!!!!!!!!!lol :eek: :eek:

Raist103 said:

I wish people would stop making this argument. A Z06 does not cost $65K because it is marginally faster in a straight line than a modded GN. It costs $65K because it is a far superior automobile in every respect. The two aren't really even on the same planet.

Besides, a Z06 owner doesn't think in terms of "a less expensive car beat me" because he could have bought a half dozen cars just like yours if he only wanted to go fast in a straight line.

You should ve run from a stop. ZO6 with the six speed is fast from a roll. As stated, you need a little more to hang with the ZO 6 from a roll. Slap some heads on and 28 inch tires and you will be good to go. Its the RPM And the 6 speed that make the ZO a good package.

The Blob said:
I wish people would stop making this argument. A Z06 does not cost $65K because it is marginally faster in a straight line than a modded GN. It costs $65K because it is a far superior automobile in every respect. The two aren't really even on the same planet.

Besides, a Z06 owner doesn't think in terms of "a less expensive car beat me" because he could have bought a half dozen cars just like yours if he only wanted to go fast in a straight line.

BINGO !!!!............When I finally decide to sell my race car, I want one of those puppies!.........of course the race car money will just barely make a decent down payment on one :confused:

Joe

The Blob said:

You are so right!!!!! I owned a 01 zo6 that was modded and it went 11.60 at 127 so from a roll it was nasty!!But when I bought it I bought it because it was a awsome ride and would look good next to my GN and really didnt care if there was stuff out there faster for cheaper cause when I got home I was still driving a awsome car and the next guy was still driving a POS!!

1badGT said:
:D :D I think you'll pull him a little at 60mph but be sure to leave him plenty of room because at around 100mph or so he's gonna be going by you fairly quickly on his way to 199 mph!!!!!!!!!!!lol :eek: :eek:
If i had decent traction i would catch up quickly. I dont think he would really start to pull away until 120+, which is about the time i would let off. Im not that crazy anymore, though ive taken a TR to over 160mph :eek:

Yea Bison, I know what ya mean. Been to 150mph in my T/Type. It's not good at that speed........... :eek: . Only did that one time!! :D Enough excitement for one night. I did beat that modded Vette though....... :p

Ken B.

MY NEIGHBOR HAS A NEW 06 ZO6 WITH MY DRAGRADIALS FROM A DEAD STOP I OUT RUN HIM BAD IN A LIGHT TO LIGHT SITUATION FROM A ROLL IT WOULD BE A LOT! closer im sure ! and ive got a mid 10 sec car !

bilt2run said:
The 08 F bodies are slated @ 600 HP :eek: Going to have some very angry Z06 owners. Typical GM move.

maybe we will get lucky and have another Grand National repeat. So the engineer of the 08F bobies would ask for a raise from GM, GM says no, he gets pissed and buick hires him to make an 08 Grand National! And gets some payback !!!

Then I wake up and realize it's not the 80's anymore, that will never happen again :) But thank god it happened once and the GN was born!

Back