You can type here any text you want

Raced a 1st Gen Eclipse (kind of long)

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Boostymofo

This is my first Racing post.

I was on my way home from a night on the town and decided to stop for some gas. I was filling up the tank, not really looking for a race (been having some tranny problems as of late) when some guys in a 1st gen Eclipse pulls up...
They complimented my car and asked about my mods. I told them what i had done and that i was only running 12lbs. They asked if i wanted to run, i figured what the heck.

Race1...
We pull out of the gas station and catch a light. I spool to ~2lbs the light turns green and we're off. I take him off the line and it looked like i was pulling away pretty strong until we shut down at ~80. I had him by about 2-3 cars. It turns out he missed a gear. We decided to give it another go...

Race2...
We slow to about a 40mph roll. We're looking over at each other and he takes the jump. As we start going, i look over at the scan master and it shuts off completely, turns back on, flashes a second then stays on as usual (??). Dunno what that was about but meanwhile he's pulling me pretty good and we shut it down at about 95. He wins by about 1 or 2 cars.

Race3...?
I won a race and lost a race....i'm dying for some consistancy here. We turn around the other way and go from a slow roll and we leave at the exact same time...he's ahead slightly...my car shifts to 2nd and I pull ahead. We're pretty damn even but i was pulling slightly...i think i may have won by a 1/2 car. There was some traffic up ahead and he may have let off at the end, close race though.

Anyways we pull over and talk. It was FWD, he said it had a "larger" turbo (running 15lbs) as well as intake & exhaust. He seemed like a pretty cool guy...we exchanged compliments and I headed on home. All in all, it was a pretty fun night.

Hey David,

Good to see you're still around the forum. Once you get the bugs worked out of that car and turn up the boost that Eclipse will be toast. Stop by sometime if you get a chance. Are you taking summer classes? Add anything else to the car? Oh, be sure to get that transmission taken care of asap. You don't want to have to pay like I did. :eek:

I starting to build a garage so I don't have any garage space right now, but once it's finished I'll have a lift and plenty of space. I've got a powerplate that I need to install and I may have some new injectors, rims, and tires by next week.

Take care,

James

Hey whats up James?

Yeah, i found out the cause of that knock problem i was having. Ol' Pops was borrowing the car and filling it up with 87 Octane :eek:

I installed a Thrasher chip about a month ago, and had Bilstein shocks installed last weekend. This tank rides so much better now.

That car of yours is gonna be and absolute beast. I'll probably be ordering one of those powerplates sometime this week as well. Let me know if you want some help with the installs, I'd like to see how its done.

Where did you get your tranny done again? I'd like to have them take my car for a spin, and see if they can pinpoint what my problem may be.

-David

I put the powerplate on today and the drag radial. I wish I could tell you how it runs but I accidently filled the tank with 87 octane. :( I did launch the car on the road in front of my house today and it took off hard and snapped my neck hard. :) It use to just roast the tires as you know. Before you install the plate go order the gaskets from a Buick dealer. I'll give you the # if you need it. Its in my car right now. Come on over and I'll help ya with it. We'll work under a shade tree :D Just like the shadetree mechanics except we won't put on running boards and other truck parts like they do now on Crank and Chrome ;)

The name of the transmission place is Hirst Transmission. Talk to George and I'm sure he'll remember me. Here is his email: hirsttrans@aol.com

Call me sometime you want to get together. 850-626-9299

James

Hey, I sent you and email about whether you wanted to go to Holt tonight. If so let me know. I'll probably run about 2 times then watch.

James

Back