You can type here any text you want

Racetronix fuel pump setup

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

DoubleV

New poster here. If this topic has already been discussed in detail feel free to point me in the right direction.

OK, so I have an Olds 442 that I will be converting to an electric fuel pump setup. I will be using the Racetronix hotwire harness and their sending unit. Since my engine is carbed, there are some issues I'd like to figure out before I get started.

1) The grey wire on the Racetronix harness needs to go to a key on 12v source correct? If so, do I have to run a wire all the way to the front and find a source or is there a place in the rear I can tap into?

2) I like factory style setups so I'd like to run a 3/8 return steel return line in place of the puny stocker. It's beyond my skill to bend such a line. Anyone make these prebent by chance?

3) The Racetronix sending unit has a small return line. I need it 3/8. Would running reducer so my 3/8 return line will connect to the smaller Racetronix nipple be too restricting or do I need to cut off the small nipple and weld on a larger one?

More questions to follow I'm sure! Thanks.

Might be time to run a -8AN supply hose and a (min) -6AN return line. Skip Racetronics hangar and make your own. Buy two 20 ft boxes of -6 and -8 hoses and a bag of zip ties. Drill and install in your stock sending unit for 90° bulkhead fittings. Use nylon washers to seal it or dowry seals (better). Or.........add a sump to a NEW gas tank.

Back