You can type here any text you want

Racetronix in-tank fuel pump harness

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

rpk250

Anybody ever put one of these in? There are two ground wires coming out of the fuel pump connector. One has a female spade terminal on it and the other has a male plastic connector on it. Wondering where these connect? Thanks. 20150312_201441.jpg

the breeze clamp (ground) goes around the return tube and tighten , the ground wire with the spade goes to the tab on the clamp

the connecter below that goes to the top of sender (bend the stainless tab remove the existing and
there should have been a paper clip ,thats to remove the existing fuel level sender pin from the old connector and slide it into the new connector )

the thin black connector at bottom goes to the fuel sender

the wide black connector on left goes to the pump

Thanks for the reply. So i figured that the purple wire from the fuel level sender needed to be pulled out of the old connector and inserted into the new connector that passes through the bulkhead. I'm still confused about the bottom right (in the picture) black connector. It look like its an additional ground. Are you saying it attaches to the fuel sender somewhere?

I am at the same point in my installation. pacecarta says the connector is a ground, and to look at the sending unit. Apparently it is obvious where it goes. Well, I'm looking, and I don't see anywhere on the sending unit that can take this ground. The purple wire is soldered onto the sending unit housing... and that's it! What am I missing here?

Is this extra ground connection possibly used on the Racetronix fuel pump hanger? I'm using a stock hanger.

John, here is a pic of the stock hanger. Maybe yours doesn't have that ground wire with the black connector attached?

fuel hanger ground.jpg

ah so... no mine does not have that. Or I should say it partly has that. The wire is there, soldered to the return tube, but the connector was cut off. The wire was spliced to the black lead of the old fuel pump. It all makes sense now. Thanks Eric!

Back