You can type here any text you want

Radiator Hose Source

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

MichBC3

I have my car apart right now so am looking into doing "might as wells". About 6 months ago I saw a web site that sold replacement radiator hoses for the Turbo TA that were supposed to be an exact match to the OEM hoses that have been discontinued. I have surfed around a bit today and can't find that vendor. Can anyone recommend a good source (or sources) for these?

Thanks, Bob

Gates makes them and they are an exact replacement. They also do the heater hoses going to the firewall.

Napa carries them and you can find them on their web site.

Also GM carries them now so you can get them at your local GM parts guy.

Hope this helps.

TTA Radiator Hoses

Wow. I was mistaken. That helps a LOT. I was under the impression that these were hard to get. It turns out - not at all... Thanks Jan.

Bob

Used to be only one source, same hoses manufactured by Gates, but since about 1 - 1 1/2 year they been avalible from Napa and then later from GM.

Good news is instead of the $160 price they are down to under $60 for all 4 (2xradiator + 2xheater) :-)

TTA Radiator Hoses - research

Hi again Jan -

I went to my Pontiac dealer duing lunch and they said that they were discontinued after all. He gave me these part numbers: 12356760 and 12396759. My old lower hose is stamped: 112888. The old upper is stamped: 092888. When I got home, I tried GMpartsdirect.com and newgmparts.com and neither showed stock.

Gates still lists them and I can special order them: 426122957 upper and 426122958 lower. Advance Auto parts online will take about 5 days to deliver them and it will cost me $10+ in shipping. Not impressive.

So I have a local independent auto parts store looking into price and availability for a special order from Gates.

At NAPA, the counter girl brought back some hoses that weren't even close. She is not bad looking, but not the brightest when it comes to what I need her for. So when I got home, I went to the NAPA web site and looked up these: NBH9592 upper and NBH9593 lower. The picture of the upper hose looks right. The picture of the lower hose does not look completely accurate. So that's where I'm at right now.

Best, Bob

Hi again Jan -

I went to my Pontiac dealer duing lunch and they said that they were discontinued after all. He gave me these part numbers: 12356760 and 12396759. My old lower hose is stamped: 112888. The old upper is stamped: 092888. When I got home, I tried GMpartsdirect.com and newgmparts.com and neither showed stock.

Gates still lists them and I can special order them: 426122957 upper and 426122958 lower. Advance Auto parts online will take about 5 days to deliver them and it will cost me $10+ in shipping. Not impressive.

So I have a local independent auto parts store looking into price and availability for a special order from Gates.

At NAPA, the counter girl brought back some hoses that weren't even close. She is not bad looking, but not the brightest when it comes to what I need her for. So when I got home, I went to the NAPA web site and looked up these: NBH9592 upper and NBH9593 lower. The picture of the upper hose looks right. The picture of the lower hose does not look completely accurate. So that's where I'm at right now.

Best, Bob

Bob,

I replaced all my hoses from NAPA...they were 100% correct...I would not rely on the pictures.

Scott

TTA Radiator Hose Sources

Scott and Jan - Thanks for the NAPA part endorsements and I'll keep that info for future needs. NAPA is actually closer to my house but before I saw your replies, I placed a special order for the Gates hoses through a local independent about an hour ago. So when they arrive on Friday, we'll have another supplier data point. Approx. $20 each. I'll be sure to post my assessment of them.

It's too bad that the NAPA counter girl here is asleep on the job - and obviously not a car enthusiast. She had to ask me if a Trans Am was a Firebird. Even then she pulled the wrong parts.

Best, Bob

Not sure about GM still carrying them but most independent parts stores that carry AC-Delco parts can get them. Its about as close to GM as you can get I think. Picked up mine at A-line Auto Parts in Round Rock TX.

I picked up the replacement radiator hoses made by Gates today. I put together a side-by-side picture for comparison. The lower radiator hoses are at the top of the picture and vice versa. I would say that the Gates products look like they are a close match to the originals. If the original is assumed to be perfect, the curve on the left side of Gates 22958, the new lower radiator hose should probably have been formed a bit tighter. But I have not yet installed these in the car. Maybe that shallower angle could actually be better. We'll see. The main thing is that these are currently available parts... and very affordable at only about $20 each. If these don't work out for some reason, I'll let you know.

Attachments

• Rad Hoses.jpg
    Rad Hoses.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 116
Back