You can type here any text you want

Raising my butt!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

davidf

My car came with Beltech rears. With the simmons 17X9's or 10's whichever they are:confused: and 285/40's I get some frame rubbing on big dips. Without purchasing new springs, is there a slightly taller rubber perch available to lift maybe an inch at most? Thank you.

well this isn't the answer u are looking for but, if you go measure from the ground to the center of the wheel well what is your height? I have a pair of springs in my car that have mine right at 26" in the rear and I'd like to lose an inch or so. If your measure lower and you want to swap them send me a pm lol. Plus i wouldn't mind seeing your car either.

BTW just to be helpful, you can buy a pair of airbags and then just put enough air in them to get it where they need to be.

Without purchasing new springs, is there a slightly taller rubber perch available to lift maybe an inch at most? Thank you.

I find my car a little low in the rear (no rubbing though...) and I've seen some thick rubber spacers on Summit's site and I'm wondering if someone here has tried them? I suppose these go on top of the spring between the spring and frame...right? :confused:

Claude. :)

Link: Coil Spring Spacers - SummitRacing.com

You can get the rubber spacers at AZ or any of the normal chain parts stores David. It will raise the car up but you'll end up with a stiffer ride. I think they're about $10 apiece but I may be wrong.

You can get the rubber spacers at AZ or any of the normal chain parts stores David. It will raise the car up but you'll end up with a stiffer ride. I think they're about $10 apiece but I may be wrong.

Why would the ride be stiffer? :confused:

Claude. :)

Just go to Advanced Auto or Summit. Energy Suspensions make spring isolators in different sizes I believe all the way to 1 inch. Just pull the factory if it is still there and replace.

The spacers go in between the coils and can cause a hard spot of sorts. This will raise the compression rate which can make the spring act like one that has a higher rate.

"charlief1", I wasn't talking about the ones you squeeze between the coils...but rather some round rubber spacers that install between the top of the springs and frame!...(Look at the link I posted in my previous post)...I don't see why these would affect the ride.

Claude. :wink:

Just go to Advanced Auto or Summit. Energy Suspensions make spring isolators in different sizes I believe all the way to 1 inch. Just pull the factory if it is still there and replace.
Sounds like I may try the isolater 1st. Relative cheap and if I don't like it, I have'nt broken the bank.

The sixth one down from the top of the summit page are the ones I was talking about Claude. I wasn't refering to the others at all.

Back