You can type here any text you want

Ran a C5

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

ALBERTAN

Resident Window Licker
Well this was at the track last Friday during the Street Legal event. Now before anyone rolls their eyes I was on Radial T/As and raced it as I drove it...paid my $20, got in, and went straight to the staging lanes.

I made two passes before I lined up with the 2002 Vette. The races were held on an airport runway and there was absolutely zero traction. The first two cars of the evening went down in a cloud of dust. When I went the first time I spun 2/3s of the way down the track on and off trying to get into it.

That was a good thing though because when I raced the C5 three rounds in I finally resigned myself to the fact that I was going to have to peddle the car out a ways before trying to get into it.

We left within a tenth of each other although the vette had a 2.21 60' to my 2.41. It was all I could do to watch the Vette open up a 3 or 4 car lead on me. No doubt he had a smug grin on his face thinking he was walking the poor Buick. Then I thought to myself I had better get on it soon or I'm gonna run out of track. The car hooked enough to fly by him like he was standing still...and with not much room to spare. I ran a 13.22 @ 116.6 to his 13.39 @ 105.8. I wish I could have seen the look on his face when I looked over, but it was a black car with dark windows.

The funny thing is I saw this car heading out to the track to race and commented to my friends how I would like to catch it sometime for a run. Well, that's one less car to worry about now cruising the streets in my small town. Now if I could have only lined up against that Viper...

By the sounds of your 60' the track was very smooth. Its a lot better than racing on the streets still. Good kill.

Back