You can type here any text you want

Ran my friends 03 Cobra

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

ACLR8R

It was a pretty good run we went from about 10 mph I jumped out on him, he fell to my back bumper. We ran all the way up to about 135mph and he never made up any ground, just kind of hung at my rear bumper. I was happy because I was running my 93 octane chip instead of my 100, and not the best tune. His mods are 2.8 pulley, Diablo tune, magnaflow X and catback, CAI, pro 5.0 shifter, and Nitto 315's. Just thought I'd share.:)

Nice run.
I think I would be a little nervous to run my car up to 135!

Ya me to, I didnt know, we just went until I shut down. I asked how fast we were going and he said when he looked it was coming back from 135 :eek: I just knew my speedo had been buried for a while. It was surprisingly stable though.

nice kill, :) i love it when i hear of a buick spanking these new fast cars, makes me wanna go hug my gn........i think i will:D

ACLR8R - nice kill. Those snakes are hard kills to get.

What kind of times you get in the quarter? You've got a nice combo there and I'm curious how well it does at the track. You're probably in the 11's I'm guessing?

Again, nice kill.

Raven, actually I havent taken it to the track yet. I plan on going in the next month or so. Just hoping I can get at least some mid 12's which shouldnt be to hard but you never know. My friends cobra ran high 12's at about 111+mph, and I can get out of the hole better, but we'll have to see :)
Thanks

Originally posted by ACLR8R
Raven, actually I havent taken it to the track yet. I plan on going in the next month or so. Just hoping I can get at least some mid 12's which shouldnt be to hard but you never know. My friends cobra ran high 12's at about 111+mph, and I can get out of the hole better, but we'll have to see :)
Thanks

I'm guessing you're at a high elevation?
At sea level, that Cobra should be running low-high 11s, depending on conditions and driver. Sounds like your car is making good power!

No I am about sea level, but A. he's not the best driver, and B. they dont prep our track worth crap. His best 60' was like a 2.1 on 315 nitto's:eek:

carefull those new cobras are impossible to beat:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

unless your running 10s.......

Johnny

good kill

Sweet kill! I remember playin w/ an 04 on the highway. We did kicks. I raped him everytime just w/ half throttle. He wasn't the greatest driver at the time but even if that weren't a factor he'd lost evertime anyway. Now, I'd have to work hard at beating him now as he is now putting down 520 rwhp and around the same for torque. He has ran a best of 11.2s at 123mph. I have had my car up to about 145mph it too felt incredibly stable. I not in any hurry to try to turn at those speeds tho.

Originally posted by ACLR8R
No I am about sea level, but A. he's not the best driver, and B. they dont prep our track worth crap. His best 60' was like a 2.1 on 315 nitto's:eek:

Yeah, those Nittos aren't the greatest. I cut better 60' times on the factory F1s than the 315 Nittos. I've never seen a drag tire that was so sensitive to track prep. I'm much happier with the BFGs on this car.

Back