Random Questions

Exactly

with seattle being the 8th city in the US to have more tarmac then others... how on earth would you come up with the SEA/TAC area as jeep country?

:rolleyes:

A.j.

OMG, Dude, its Washington, 20 min outside of seattle or tacoma, its nothing but forests and mountains, and desert. weve got a big backyard too yano.

Wheels

Ok, I`m no wheels expert, so maybe someone here is:biggrin: These wheels are cool, but they came off a S10 ZR2 and probably had off road tires... with street tires and 6" backspacing, will they fit a Regal? I would think they would work in back, but the fronts might rub when turning?

Custom Wheels Black Steel 15" x 8"

Ok, I`m no wheels expert, so maybe someone here is:biggrin: These wheels are cool, but they came off a S10 ZR2 and probably had off road tires... with street tires and 6" backspacing, will they fit a Regal? I would think they would work in back, but the fronts might rub when turning?

Custom Wheels Black Steel 15" x 8"

Wont work. Backspacing needs to be around 3 1/2-4 inches. You'd need to run 2" spacers which is flat out dangerous.

Okay, this is probably the dumbest question yet... anyone know if there is any difference(other than size) between diesel turbos and normal car turbos? Like semi turbos? and what kinda PSI are they pushing? I live just off a highway and I listen to them screaming past(not that I like it:rolleyes:) and it just crossed my mind. I don`t plan on using one, just curious:biggrin:

Okay, this is probably the dumbest question yet... anyone know if there is any difference(other than size) between diesel turbos and normal car turbos? Like semi turbos? and what kinda PSI are they pushing? I live just off a highway and I listen to them screaming past(not that I like it:rolleyes:) and it just crossed my mind. I don`t plan on using one, just curious:biggrin:

honestly? there is no real difference between a turbo meant for a gas engine or a turbo meant for a diesel engine...maybe the intake tube's pattern or some such...by the way, the original Roots type superchargers were factory on diesel engines long time ago....and hot rodders adapted them to their gas engines and thus the supercharged gasoline engines were made popular; and in WW2, it was fashionable and made sense to turbocharge aircraft engines (at the time it was called turbo-supercharging) for high altitude performance...basically the idea is the same. I dont know how muhc PSI the diesel engines' turbos are pushing, BUT it helps increase pressure; making the diesel more efficient....

The turbine wheel and housings are HUGE on most diesels, so isn't the compressor side for the most part. looking at 30psi minimum and rising fast, My best friends Cummins hits 45psi and it's stock 12 valve.

I've seen T25s on some diesels....granted, they're usually small tractor engines lol. and then there's the twin T3s on some Volvo turbodiesel engines....and T28s (between T25 and T3.) out in the yards...now..Cat engines and Cummins..well those are huge clearly. lol

Wont work. Backspacing needs to be around 3 1/2-4 inches. You'd need to run 2" spacers which is flat out dangerous.

3.5" backspacing will work on a 7" rim but wider will need more like a 4 to 4.5" backspacing. I've got a complete set of vectors here and they have a 3 & 5/8" back spacing but they won't work on the car with the rear discs now.:frown:

What ones would you chose?

GN wheels, need paint and caps.
Grand National wheel

These would look good black.
American Racing Wheels. Set of 4.

I like these the best, but my wallet doesn't.
American Racing alum. Wheels

They might look ok but the width and back spacing are the issue. You really need at least a 7" rim on the car and an 8" will work much better.:smile:

They might look ok but the width and back spacing are the issue. You really need at least a 7" rim on the car and an 8" will work much better.:smile:

You read my mind... looking for 8" wheels that don`t stick out like a geo metro with 13" daytons:biggrin: