You can type here any text you want

Random Tuning Question...

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Bob,

Just installed a scanmaster 2.1 a few days ago and tested the spark advance this morning. Noticed that it was 14.8 and assumed that the code 42 from looking at the old scanmaster must have been real. Tried pulling codes earlier today and no codes were stored but checked all the wiring anyway.

V-Out1 is set to Spark Control. Guess I need to go verify the timing control coming from the translator. Should I see the same voltages as when you have vout-1 set to "use setpoint"? So about 4 volts would be 18 deg? Thanks for the help!!

Also, Would the voltage on the brown wire show with key on, engine off or do I actually have to test at WOT?

Problem solved. The brown wire Bob mentioned was broken between the female connector and the wire but was still in the plastic connector so as soon as I went to put the tip of the multimeter in to try to measure the voltage, the wire pulled out with the broken piece of the connector still attached. Now I just need to figure out how to fix it. Thanks for all the help guys!

Quick update. Fixed the timing wire and got to playing around with the car tonight. Got between 1 and 2 degrees of knock at 19 degrees in the upper rpm range. Added some fuel to try to help but no joy. Gotta port the wastegate hole to get the boost under control as its right around 27psi right now...

Going to back the timing down just a little until I can get around to the wastegate hole issue. Pulled the cat converter off and I guess its flowing too good now (if thats possible).

Back