Rant

this thread makes me want to swap a poorly running 5.3 into my T Type and put some 24" wheels on it before painting it with gold metalflake spray paint.

Make sure the flake is BIG, like on one o'them cool assed bass boats!:D:D:D

this thread makes me want to swap a poorly running 5.3 into my T Type and put some 24" wheels on it before painting it with gold metalflake spray paint.
There is no problem with doing that if done correctly without ruining the car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

last weekend, i was at what used to be the Car Craft Summer Nationals in St Paul.. being an owner of a T Type, i made sure to look at every GN that i saw.. my girlfriend- who isn't really a "car girl" but notices differences in things- asked me why all the GN's all looked the same and all had the same parts on the engine with all the same gauges in the interior, but had a few different kinds of wheels... i just told her that a GN owner is shunned and mocked if they do something different than the rest of the herd...

It makes me wonder why anyone worries about what someone else is doing or has done to THEIR vehicle. I like mine as a beater. I drive it to work just about everyday. Not many weeks go by that I don't get a "you wanna sell that" or is it for sale. I give em the look anv ask do they see for sale on it anywhere? Then I ask, where we at on your offer. And if they say how much, I tell em, ill start the negotiations at $25k. And ask, are we in the ball park? It isnt that I think my jalopy would bring 25, but if it did it could go down the road and I could pick up another one. I try to be nice but I can see why owners get frustrated with over the top car flippers. It sure does shut em down when I tell em my price.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk

I've noticed the "how much" folks only ask guys with cars that look like they need some work. Nobody has asked me since my car was repainted.

I've noticed the "how much" folks only ask guys with cars that look like they need some work. Nobody has asked me since my car was repainted.
I guess. As if any of these wanna bees could fix one when something goes wrong. Most don't look like they ever turned a wrench much less have any competent skillz. I guess I need to offer back ten cents on the dollar on the vehicle they have.
As far as loud paint and big wheels, not my way, but I can appreciate the dollars and effort it takes to have a nice ride. Just seems dumb to buy a car that the legend was built around the engine and then swap in something different. Seems it would be much cheaper to do an LSx on a regular g body. Who knows. There is a butt for every seat.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk

You guys make some interesting points. I see a few beat up Turbo Regals around every now and then and typically all I think is that at least the dude has a car with potential. Now the occasional cars I see that are not beat up but painted with wheels and tires far exceeding the value of most cars on the road bug me a little. Typically they have no idea what they really have. They are more concerned about image over having a what I think a Turbo Regal is all about, hauling ass to the whir of a spooled up turbo. I find myself wishing they didn't have one but hey they do and that's that. I don't have to associate with them.

So when I'm driving around and see a Turbo Regal that I'm either optimistic for or embarrassed for it forces me to think about my connection to these people. And my conclusion is F those guys. I love my car and I don't care if it goes the way of countless other cars that have been subjected to douche baggery I am going to drive my bad ass GN until I decide I don't want to drive my bad ass GN anymore.

As non douche bags we need to stick together. So please don't get out just because these people like the same car as you. There are still plenty of us out there you would be proud to cruise with.

I tend to agree with what is said earlier. Let someone do to THEIR car - what THEY want. It doesn't bother me. As long as the work is done right, who gives a sh!t. I embrace all different GearHead styles; LowRiders, RatRods, HotRods, Tuner Cars, Exotics…. in any genre their is always 'hack jobs' or 'taste-less' mods- MONEY doesn't buy taste…. but thats my opinion… I still don't understand the whole LibertyWalk fad… and that is done to cars which cost 10-20x what ours cost… but guess what- I don't care. NOT MY CAR. Im sure a lot of people may not like my wheels…. who cares - I DO.

I don't understand why people would want their car to look exactly the same as everyone else's…. You ever go to a car show and you see a bunch of GNs. All with the same Convo Pros, TelStars, Drag Lites…

world would be boring, if everyone had the same taste… And i would never let someone else's opinion make me want to sell my car…. to each their own.

-aaron

I tend to agree with what is said earlier. Let someone do to THEIR car - what THEY want. It doesn't bother me. As long as the work is done right, who gives a sh!t. I embrace all different GearHead styles; LowRiders, RatRods, HotRods, Tuner Cars, Exotics…. in any genre their is always 'hack jobs' or 'taste-less' mods- MONEY doesn't buy taste…. but thats my opinion… I still don't understand the whole LibertyWalk fad… and that is done to cars which cost 10-20x what ours cost… but guess what- I don't care. NOT MY CAR. Im sure a lot of people may not like my wheels…. who cares - I DO.

I don't understand why people would want their car to look exactly the same as everyone else's…. You ever go to a car show and you see a bunch of GNs. All with the same Convo Pros, TelStars, Drag Lites…

world would be boring, if everyone had the same taste… And i would never let someone else's opinion make me want to sell my car…. to each their own.

-aaron

same fuel pressure regulator... same SLIC... same up pipe and down pipe... it's almost like there is an approved list of parts that you are allowed to put on these cars and any deviation gets you labeled as an outcast..

It's not about not doing what you want with your car. It's about hacking up a legacy, not knowing what you are doing, doing shitty work, and then selling it for pennies on the dollar. Then we sit here and wonder why our car values always linger in the poor to mediocre range. Do whatever makes you happy with your car. But be mindful enough knowing that it is a Turbo Buick and give the community and the brand the respect it deserves and commands.

There are probably still more n/a Regal bodies out there than turbo cars, cut, roll, paint and mod the shit out of those.

It's not about not doing what you want with your car. It's about hacking up a legacy, not knowing what you are doing, doing shitty work, and then selling it for pennies on the dollar. Then we sit here and wonder why our car values always linger in the poor to mediocre range. Do whatever makes you happy with your car. But be mindful enough knowing that it is a Turbo Buick and give the community and the brand the respect it deserves and commands.

it's just a car- and most people will just think that they just saw a nice black Monte Carlo when they pass you on the road... so chill out and enjoy your car..

same fuel pressure regulator... same SLIC... same up pipe and down pipe... it's almost like there is an approved list of parts that you are allowed to put on these cars and any deviation gets you labeled as an outcast..

Your comment is based in truth but you have to admit, there aren't a boatload of choices out there when it comes to modding these cars and staying "somewhat or semi-true" to the original concept at the same time. There certainly aren't a bunch of underhood options for those that choose to keep the Turbo V6 in the car.

I feel that anyone should be able to do whatever they want to their car. However, being different just for the sake of being different doesn't necessarily make something "cool" and isn't always the better choice.

BTW, I prefer the term "rebel" over outcast, anyday........... ;)

Last edited:
I totally get it. When I ?saw a 69gs gs donk mobile with a bass boat paint I had a cow.it is sacrelidge. Its just wrong. Its that simple. Makes me smack the punk upside the head and tell him to wise up.

What do you guys think when people cut up 57 Chevys to make drag cars, or 63 Impala SS's to make low riders, or cut up Old classic vettes to tuck big wheels...?

People cut up classics all the time to put roll cages in... What about people who cut GNs to tub them and cage them?

What do you guys think when people cut up 57 Chevys to make drag cars, or 63 Impala SS's to make low riders, or cut up Old classic vettes to tuck big wheels...?

People cut up classics all the time to put roll cages in... What about people who cut GNs to tub them and cage them?

So true. I did not cage my car for this very reason. Think about this folks. What is worse? A Donked, metal flaked T type or a tubbed and caged GNX? I've seen the latter. Although easier on the eyes that car was essentially ruined.