You can type here any text you want

Rare? 0 miles driven original motor and transmission

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

calais1965

Today i had call from friend and he is going to sell his rare 0 miles driven Buick engine and transmission.

Engine came to my friend from german car company Bitter wich builded GM powered cars back in eighties. They bought few motor+transmission packages from GM for opel based sports cars wich they never finished, so engines were sold...

It is brand new with all original components ready to bolt on with motor mounts..
all original turbo, alternator, wires, hoses and never used.
Transmission is brand new never used.

I dont have use for this deal, so i decided to ask if someone wants to restorate his buick with all original parts. Contact me.

What is this package worth? Anyone got idea?:confused:

I don't think anyone can answer this question unless they know what model Buick motor and tranny you were talking about.

Depending on the condition of engine its going to be hard to tell.Maybe $1000 maybe $5000.depends were it was stored and if it evene turns over. do they have more than one of these. It should bring some cash

Engine.

Motor is like brand new, it has been stored properly. I hope i get pictures today.
All original water pipes and vacuum lines are good.
Car company bought these motor+transmission packages 5 pcs and 3 of them was bought to Finland. Only this one is not used.

pics

HPIM2177.jpg

Not bad to grab ahold of however, once the buyer (If purchased by someone in the US) pays to get it shipped over here, it would not be cost effective.

But what you have there, should be worth upwards of $3500

I agree with turbodave, with the caveat that the unit would be stateside for that value. In Europe the price could be double or triple since it is such a rare piece and there already. I sold a Corvette years ago to a Swedish guy, and he told me the car was worth three times what he paid me, in Sweden. He shipped it home.

engine

"In Europe the price could be double or triple since it is such a rare piece and there already. I sold a Corvette years ago to a Swedish guy, and he told me the car was worth three times what he paid me, in Sweden. He shipped it home."

Yes it`s true with cars here in Finland and Europe, but turbo buicks are so rare and missunderstood here, i heard they used other engines to OPEL`s and one even to a boat! Engine has no value here. It is rare i know it and i respect it, i dont want it end up to someones junk car...:)

HPIM2187.jpg

Any idea what shipping would be to the USA? Just curious as to what it is roughly as there are guys like Richard Clark whom might be interested? Try a PM to him??

wonder why the harness is cut? .. and the trans lines have a rubber hose in the middle ??:confused:
oh.. the drivers side manifold is missing the heat shield to.

pics

"wonder why the harness is cut? .. and the trans lines have a rubber hose in the middle ??
oh.. the drivers side manifold is missing the heat shield to. "

I dont know about harness, but the heat shield is in the part box...:smile:

HPIM2196.jpg

What's the story with that oil pan that's in the box?

Back