Ready for another race at Farmington??

Sydwyndr

Admin
Staff member
I havent got all the details in place however this is what i am thinking of so far, will still be a while before all details are completed. If anyone is interested in helping sponsor this event please let me know..

Thanks,
Clint

BOP Race

Hey Clint since when did Oldsmoblie make a right hand drive Cutlass?? :eek:

Since when???

Originally posted by Daves69
Hey Clint since when did Oldsmoblie make a right hand drive Cutlass?? :eek:

Easy enuf to answer!! It's imported from Australia!!!:D :D :p

I like the idea of a race at farmington... just not in the snow!!:cool:

Clint,

A few things I'd like to ask about for this event:

A.) There be a drivers meeting sometime before either qualifying or eliminations.

B.) That the tree is run off the computer, and that "double-bulbing" is a foul.

C.) That no delay boxes, etc. be allowed.

K.

OK!!!! What happened with the link?? Some kind of censorship!!??

Insert "turbobuicks" in place of the *******.

K.

Originally posted by sydwyndr
I havent got all the details in place however this is what i am thinking of so far, will still be a while before all details are completed. If anyone is interested in helping sponsor this event please let me know..

Thanks,
Clint

BOP Race

Trying to get "BlueByU" done in time for this race. Are twin turbos going to be allowed?;) I'm trying to figure out ways to add weight & get it up to the 3400lb. rule, while maintaining the 24psi of boost TSM rule.:eek: :D

How about liquid intercoolers and BGC intakes?:p

K.

I would have to say no twins, single turbo only no size limit tho;)

ok then, "bluebyou" can only run 5 psi of boost and no nos.

D**n and I had planned on running (2) stock turbos with a set of ATR headers. :cool:

I guess I'll have to go to plan-B and run a TSE-88 and a 50-shot to spool it off the line.:eek: :D

K.

Make the quick 8

Stock Block, Stock Tranny, Stock Rearend & No delay boxes.

and bracket race for all the rest.

Sully

??? Rules...

Clint,

Something that just crossed my mind... If you leave the rules as they are, very open with the 3400lb limit, '109 block, 10.5" tire. How about letting in non-Buick bodied cars (aka hybrids) to compete. You could call it a "109 Outlaw class".

I don't think body differences would make that much difference through the 1/8mi. As long as they have a '109 block and meet the other few rules.

(2) cars that come to mind for competing in this form would be the '89 turbo T/A's, and a local guy with a '67(?) Firebird that meets all the current rules.

K.

any further suggestions from anyone??

quite a bit of $$$ on the line folks

Clint,

I think the hardest decision you have to make, is it a "109- street car" class or a "109-race car" class.:confused:

That's why you are the race director.:D

K.

im here for the racers, not for me so what about 109 block, 3400lb and 29 x 11.5 slicks... kinda TSM ready huh:cool:

im here for the racers, not for me so what about 109 block, 3400lb and 29 x 11.5 slicks... kinda TSM ready huh:cool:

Most other classes, TSM included, are 28x10.5 for slicks... why the bigger tires?

Why not just use the TSM rules?

S.