Ready for another race at Farmington??

Originally posted by sydwyndr
seems like the pull is toward a stock type class...
any more suggestions??

I kinda like the "stock type class" deal. Rules could be similar to what Scott (getchasum) mentioned above.

That would keep all those race cars with the F.A.S.T. system and trans-brakes out!! :eek: ;) :D

K.

Originally posted by TurboIndian
Sully, I see your looking to up grade inj...

Sully,

You think you'll need the 83's to match that new GT71-Q you got?? :cool: :D

K.

Sully, I see your looking to up grade inj. you scared you dont have what it takes to beat Clints boys?

Nah.. just don't like running 90% Inj DC all the time :D

Originally posted by NCTURBOS
Sully,

You think you'll need the 83's to match that new GT71-Q you got?? :cool: :D

K.

Did you decide to trade your GT71-Q for my TE-45A?:eek:

I think you should run 2 quick 8's. One for the stocker stuff and then one with Stock block, tranny, rearend but without whatever limits you are going to put on the Stock Class. It would be cool if both classes required street legal cars although slicks on the faster class should be ok.

Sully

Originally posted by V6 Beast
I think you should run 2 quick 8's. One for the stocker stuff and then one with Stock block, tranny, rearend but without whatever limits you are going to put on the Stock Class. It would be cool if both classes required street legal cars although slicks on the faster class should be ok.

Sully

I like the idea of 2 classes also. That way I could run in the "stock appearing" class instead of the "race car" class.

K.

Did you decide to trade your GT71-Q for my TE-45A?:eek:

No, but if you want I'll trade you for the little Te44 off my car.

K.

my car isn't a race car, hell it's not even fast, even though I have F.A.S.T. mine is a project under transformation I'm not like you and sully, I can't afford paying people 1/2 way across the country to build my car. I have to wait untill my wellfare check comes in to get new spark plugs, unless someone has a good used set for sale.

my car isn't a race car, hell it's not even fast, even though I have F.A.S.T. mine is a project under transformation I'm not like you and sully, I can't afford paying people 1/2 way across the country to build my car. I have to wait untill my wellfare check comes in to get new spark plugs, unless someone has a good used set for sale.

Hey don't go dragging me into it...I have to do my own work. MY engine was in a thousand pieces on my garage floor for most of December & January.

Since none of us do machine work, you included.. my motto is you can have it done twice locally or once by someone good :D

Sully

I'm not like you and sully, I can't afford paying...

That's funny you're the one with 4 toys listed in your signature!? :rolleyes: Not to mention the Stage2 motor you have sitting in your garage.

Since none of us do machine work, you included.. my motto is you can have it done twice locally or once by someone good :D

Sully

Hey, isn't this like the 4th time his motor is at the vegetarian machine shop?? :eek: :D

K.

Hey, isn't this like the 4th time his motor is at the vegetarian machine shop?? :eek: :D

K.
1st your fault :eek:
2nd flat tappet camshaft problems (I know I should have listened)
3rd my screw up to many cam shims;)

Originally posted by ghall
ghall65157@aol.com ---i realize i swirched over recently from cs to aol(only been like 3 or 4 years now:eek: :eek: )---i will e-mail you also.

Geoff

My bad...!! I was trying to use the "cs" 'cause that is what you still have registered here on TB.com. I'll check my e-mail now. :)

K.

1st your fault :eek:
2nd flat tappet camshaft problems (I know I should have listened)
3rd my screw up to many cam shims;)

1st Negative!! More of a owner/builder/machinist fault. Although I was pointing a gun to your head when the motor was started "dry". :eek: ;)

2nd Yeah, you could of listened, but at least you didn't try a flat tappet 3 times. hint...hint...Sully...:D

3rd Are you saying the shim caused all that havoc, including the headgasket, spun bearing, etc.??

Ok, I need to go out to the garage and set the thrust on Geoff's cam now.:eek: Got any extra shims??:p

K.:D

I like the idea of 2 classes also. That way I could run in the "stock appearing" class instead of the "race car" class.

K.

You wouldn't try to slide Ole Gray in under the rader would ya?;)

Originally posted by getchasum
You wouldn't try to slide Ole Gray in under the rader would ya?;)

Nahhh... SlowGray would be perfect for such a class. '109 block, stock location intercooler, full weight, D.O.T. tires, 200-4R tranny, small TA-series turbo, 100% streetable.:D

Ohhh... And 93-octane:eek:!!

K.

That would be a radial dot tire, right? You know we have to have some kind of equalizer.

Btw...Something tells me that a low 11 on pump gas may not be real close to stock.
;)