You can type here any text you want

realistic expectations for the new setup

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

nolanator

@none_more_black
Alright, so my build is coming together pretty nicely, and I'm at the point of it where I am getting excited, and want to hear what you guys might think. What should I be expecting power wise? I've been trying to stay away from thinking numbers, but this might be fun.

-109 block 0.010 over (prepared as best as it could be but ready to go down in flames)
-3.400 stroke
-JE 9:1 pistons
-TA Performance Street Intimidator heads
-6766CEA turbo (30ish+psi)
-Champion intake
-70mm throttlebody
-Precision FMIC
-hydraulic roller cam .230/.236 @0.050 .600 gross lift
-50-75 shot direct port N2O
-E85

what do you think?

With the right converter and tune , 9.30s
Good luck

Bryan

Thats good to know, but much quicker than I'm hoping to go at the moment actually. I also have what many would consider the wrong converter (AC 3500 stall 9" NLU)

Wow direct port nitrous on 30plus pounds of boost hummm...

You will be leaving some on the table for sure with that converter....
It may not like the nitrous at all

Bryan

Wait til you find out how fast the 6766 spools ....

Nitrous may never get used ....

Mine spools from 5 psi to 25 psi in .4 seconds

My initial milestone goal is to run a 9.99. If i ever made a quicker pass than 9.60, i'd be ecstatic.

My original intent was to run a 9.99. Although I haven't made a quarter mile run yet , the car will certainly surpass that goal. Going to turn it up a little in BG and run the quarter and see what it will do. A 9.6x would make me very happy but just getting a 9 second slip will be awesome for sure.
If I can get the money together I will have the heads ported during the off season as mine are off the shelf GN1's . ..

My original intent was to run a 9.99. Although I haven't made a quarter mile run yet , the car will certainly surpass that goal. Going to turn it up a little in BG and run the quarter and see what it will do. A 9.6x would make me very happy but just getting a 9 second slip will be awesome for sure.
If I can get the money together I will have the heads ported during the off season as mine are off the shelf GN1's . ..

It sounds like you and I have a very similar setup and very similar goals. I'd be very interested to hear how that goes.

Power wise that's a mid 9sec combo at 30+psi, however may not get in that range with the stock suspension, no trans-brake and an overweight car.
I would be uneasy about pushing a 109 and a 2004r at that level, but its been done.!

Power wise that's a mid 9sec combo at 30+psi, however may not get in that range with the stock suspension, no trans-brake and an overweight car.
I would be uneasy about pushing a 109 and a 2004r at that level, but its been done.!

Hey! Thanks for the reply. The trans. Is a stage III Extreme Automatics. I would figure that if any 200R4 could handle the power, tbis one could. We will see though! I do have a transbrake as well and suspension wise I have boxed lower control arms and adjustable uppers as well as an anti roll bar that is going in. The front stuff is stock, but its all being replaced with fancy tubular stuff in the next couple months.

Hoping my EA will hold daily 9sec power. We shall see..

I hope you aren't making attempts at 9 second passes everywhere you go!

Off to get some milk? Better cut a 1.39 60'.

Pick up some drycleaning? Trap 141mph before that stoplight.

Late to work? 35psi the whole way there.

Lol

Although I do have an electric brake I have yet to use it. I will see how much improvement it will show me in May. 1.46 60' so far off the foot brake with 5 psi launch. Car is 3645 lbs with 5 gallons , was 3715 lbs in the finals due to the class requirements of adding 10 gallons to the tank. Most of the run is at 27.5 psi. Mid 9 second power off the foot brake.

Last edited:
I hope you aren't making attempts at 9 second passes everywhere you go!

Off to get some milk? Better cut a 1.39 60'.

Pick up some drycleaning? Trap 141mph before that stoplight.

Late to work? 35psi the whole way there.

Lol
That is hilarious! Bison does that in the blue car.

Back