You can type here any text you want

Rear brake pads

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Quiky One

Well after racing this weekend it is obvious I need some new rear brake pads. My stockers were not cutting it...2 PSI launches and 2.0 60' are not acceptable. :rolleyes: :biggrin:

I went to Oreillys and had the guy at the counter look up the options and all they had were semi metallic ones which are very hard pads...I would prefer organic pads. I know some guys have had luck with Raybestas ones but does anyone have a part number for them?

Thanks Jason

Raybestos rear pads:
PGD413QS Quiet Stop ceramic
PGD413M PG Plus premium semi-metallic
RPD413M standard semi-metallic
SSD413 Super Stop severe duty semi-metallic
BD413m Brute Stop performance semi-metallic

I like and use Bendix MKD413 but raybestos are good pads too.

BTW for front pads replace 413 with 412 in the above part numbers(MKD412, PGD412QS, ect..)

Hope that helps,
Steve

Thanks a lot! So which of those above are the softest? Best for holding boost..

Were you having problems holding the car back while boosting?? I'm having the same problem and I'm gonna be doing the brakes soon, hoping that will help. Just got some new Nitto DR's and once I hit 2lbs of boost they start spinning or pushing the car forward. Letb me know if the brakes help.:cool:

Alright. I will let you know in a week or two...depends on how fast I get on it. I have DR's and I wasn't able to stage with boost or it would push right through. The one time I was able to I hooked at 4 lbs...That yielded a 1.8 60' which is decent.

Transbrake will cure all your ills.:D

ya ya ya :D but then comes stronger rear end, driveshaft, u joints, built tranny, and if I'm in there doing that I might as well install a higher stall which means bigger turbo. Then I would need a built bottom end to support the power from the bigger turbo.

Then that $200 tranny brake is a $10k build. :biggrin: As soon as this motor goes the above will go in but I will hold off until then.

just press harder on the brakes, mine doesn't have anything special done to the brakes at all and it will make 13#'s on the footbrake with street tires, but you have to use some decent pressure on the pedal. Another thing that helps is to hold the brake and rev the car and quickly lift on the throttle to get a big vacuum signal to the brake booster. I have a turbonetics 66 and a 3200 stall.

Jason,
You also pulling up on the e-brake? That will help if your not.

I once went and got some cheapo pads.. had this same issue.. swapped the pads for the ceramics and eliminated the problems. I bought mine at Autozone.. they were special order and like 70 for the rears.

No I was not pulling the ebrake. Didn't want to compound my crappy launching with another variable. I will try it next time.

I just got done changing the pads and when I took them off they were semi metallic. If I remember correctly those pads don't work good until heated up. I will drive the cara little bit to break them in and then I will see if I can hold more boost. I replaced them with Autozone ceramics that they ordered in.

Jason

Awww come on.. your young and still co-ordinated :tongue:

Put the car in D... pump the brake a few times.. and yank on that E brake like your trying to rip it out the floor.
:D

Back