You can type here any text you want

Rear control arm?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

6togo

How strong are rear control are made of 1.5"x.120 dom tube what kind of abuse will they take? how about the same with chromoly tube is that a better route i know there is allot of talk of weight saving with chromoly because you can go to a thinner wall but for such a small amount not much would be saved. Just wondering if the mild steel dom would hold up making high 9 passes on a T-brake? Not that it will happen just using it as a refference point!
Chris

Not sure about 9's but I have been low 11's High 10's On Dom Tube Upper and lowers for about 3 years all off foot brake but have not had any issues. Hope it helps and maybe others will chime in soon

It appears that mild and chromoly are a option if one wanted a set of arms that would handle street and track abuse what material would be best i know they say the moly is stronger but more brittle and the mild would bend somewhat easier compared to the other?
Chris

Back