You can type here any text you want

Rear disc brakes..... hardline?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

1Badelky

I'm converting to Ed Miller's 89-97 F-body 11.6" PBR rear discs, using his custom backing plates. But this should apply to everyone with rear disc, regardless of what they came from. Obviously, the stock drum style hardline (on the rear end housing) will not just bolt up to the flex lines for the rear discs. I know it i possible to cut back the stock line and re-flare it, but are there any other cars that I can just swap the parts over from?

I checked into 93-97 F-body line, but the rear is much wider than ours, so I'd have to cut it down to fit. therefore, no benefit. I assume the 89-92 rear line would be the same length as the 4th gen lines. From what Ed told me, the 98-02 rear hardline has different size fittings, so cannot work with a G-body T-block, or the older LT1 caliper hoses.

So that leads me to consider the hardline from a 98-up S10 Blazer, as they all had rear disc. IDK the width though, so IDK if it will work on my housing.

same with Caprice/Impala with rear disc. basically, anything that used a 10 bolt, and had disc brakes.

so that's what brings me here. what do you guys do for a hardline? pics are appreciated. Thanks

i dont' know if this is the same but i have ls1 rears. I got new front GN lines and they bolted up to the rear lines just fine and bolted to the calipers as well. I tried using factory fbody rubber lines but they are meant for an double flared line and the factory gbody hard lines are single.

does anyone actually swap the line? or just modify. my calipers arrived yeasterday, so I'm gonna go install them.

JDSfastGN said:
the double flare is like a ball and socket type of joint and the single flare is the "trumpet" look.
The flare you're referring to as the single flare is the double flare. With a double flare the end of the tube is folded over onto itself. The "ball and socket type" is the bubble flare, used for metric fittings, basicly a double flare that has not been completly folded. A single flare is only used for low pressure fittings and stainless steel which is too brittle for the double flare. The single flare and the double flare are not interchangeable, the single flare is a 37 degree flare while the double flare is a 44 degree flare. Don't mean to be a blow-hard, just wanted to shed a little light on the subject.

Back