You can type here any text you want

Rear end frame factory welds breaking

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Everyday

Has anyone seen that all of the factory frame welds on the back half by the rear end broke on their cars?
What is a way to keep the car from breaking the rear welds so the rear end doesn’t
come out. I noticed that when I left off the gas the back of the car has a wiggle to it.
I looked under the car and all the factory welds were cracked. I had some gussets
welded in and re-welded the factory spots but now it is doing it again. I don’t want to have
to take the body off the frame.

The car has 40k miles and was owned and built by Conley employee. turbo, motor, etc.

Where exactly. I know that the G bodys suffer the lower rear control arm mounts on the frame getting torn off with higher horse and traction. Is this where your talking?

It is exactly where the lower arms mount. That whole area around them I have had the welds welded back up. I even noticed one of the LCA bolts has a bit of a bend to it!
I know it was built by Conley back in the day and stayed in the owners garage on jack stands for the longest time but do not know any track history. I am friends with the
family and they confirmed that David owned the car and it just sat in the garage.

Specs: bored and forged with ARP throughout, nitride crank, cam (specs unknown), M&A heads prepped by Greg Good in Houston, Mitsubishi TD07 turbo, 60# injectors, FMIC, ATR headers and exhaust.
Tranny I had built by Mike Kurtz at Century transmission to hold 800+ non lockup with 3400 stall

hrpartsnstuff.com LCA braces..weld them in
Yep!…X2! That's what I have on my car… (y)

Claude ;)

trframebracesinstalledsm.jpg

the pic claude posted that was from hrparts site is old and isn't accurate to what you get , there's another plate now that boxes in the top and bottom plates
if you run southside style lower bars (no rubber in the joints) or heim joint bars like the wolf double adjust the braces are something you should have
HRpartalso has an upper kit now and theres was also a brace bar that ties the frame upper control arm bolts to the frame lower control arm bolts

heres the LCA brace kit , at top is how it would be in the car

1013151122.jpg

Last edited:
the pic claude posted that was from hrparts site is old and isn't accurate to what you get , there's another plate now that boxes in the top and bottom plates
if you run southside style lower bars (no rubber in the joints) or heim joint bars like the wolf double adjust the braces are something you should have
HRpartalso has an upper kit now and theres was also a brace bar that ties the frame upper control arm bolts to the frame lower control arm bolts

heres the LCA brace kit , at top is how it would be in the car

View attachment 272090
Yeah Paul…I do have that plate which "boxes" the top and bottom ones… (y)… I also have the ones that tie upper and lower control arms bolts. Better be safe than sorry especially with these Wolfe double Heim joint bars.
When I posted the picture from H&R's site, I didn't notice it was missing…My bad…:rolleyes:

Claude. ;)

Back