You can type here any text you want

rear end Questions

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

BallisticV6

Does anyone make a heavy duty differential cover/girdle for the 89 TTA....And also a beefier posi unit too....

My trans brake is almost ready and I need to strengthen my rear.

Are there 3.73 or 4.10 gear ratios available for our stock rears?
or is there no practical gains of having a 3.73 or 4.10 rear?

Any comments..........?

Originally posted by BallisticV6
Does anyone make a heavy duty differential cover/girdle for the 89 TTA....And also a beefier posi unit too....

My trans brake is almost ready and I need to strengthen my rear.

Are there 3.73 or 4.10 gear ratios available for our stock rears?
or is there no practical gains of having a 3.73 or 4.10 rear?

Any comments..........?

Do the math..motor only revs to 5000. Why do you want to put steep gears on a motor that doesnt rev.

ITS NOT A CHEVY :D

I did my math...

Dont forget that a properly built (200-4r) can use all four gears..
4.10 rears from my experience with my T-Type and using all 4 gears in my tranny cut my ETs from 11.20 to 10.90s..
I also noticed that the engine redlined quicker and my transmission lasted longer...coincidense maybe...but I use to average 2 transmissions rebuilds a season and after going with 4.10s and a 27" tall tire that same transmission I kept rebuilding twice a season lasted almost two seasons "rebuilt the same exact way."
I figured this experience might also work for my TTA .......

I Guess I'll just have to give it a try............

Listen its a departure from the norm. Not that its a bad thing..Good luck really.. but for heavy launching, ditch the 9 bolt and get a 12 bolt or 9 inch. I like the gear changeability of the 9 inch..

I dunno bout going into OD since its multiplication is really high. I'm just spoiled on locking the converter and crossing in high third.

Local GN guy swears by his 3.73's on a 29 inch tall tire. Has a TH350 with an 8 inch converter..crosses the line at 6500 10.30 @ 132

TTYL

I personally go the other way with gearing.I run a TH400 so obviously no od or lockup but it's strong and I built it myself(200+ low 11 second passes plus lots of street use no problems).

Anyway I feel these motors make enough torque that we can get away with taller gears,hence my choice of a 12 bolt w/3.08's - I cross 5000rpm @ 121.64mph with a 26" tire(1.55 short times)

Steve

Back