You can type here any text you want

Rear Sway Bar suggestion

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

fastblackcar

Never Finished!!
I would like to upgrade my rear sway bar.......... i think. I removed my front bar now my car seems to wonder on the highway, I need more grip on street/track. looking for more street help, bring to track a few times a year.i dont think the h&r bar would be $ well spent, what i mean is... at this point, i think spending $500 would be better spent on alky kit, but............ would the bar from full throttle for $150 help much over the stock bar for me at this point, i doubt i will do much more to my car i love the set up for the street light racing, i have ssm bars upper and lower and single air bag, snubber, kyb shocks and M.T street et, so what do you all think..........leave it alone.........upgrade ........spend $150.00 somewhere else.......please comment........someone must have this bar now.....see my sig and give feedback........more importantly......THANK YOU!!!........Tom

The Full throttle sway bar is a big improvement over the stock
I put UMI arms on at the same time, what a differance

The 1 3/8" ATR rear sway bar from FTS&S will be a big improvement over the stock rear sway bar. Might overpower the factory lower rear control arms that it mounts too. Might want to take a consensus or poll opinion on that before hooking up. I used Global West tubular lower rear control arms with spherical bearings in the frame side & Del-A-lum bushings in the rear.

I have that bar and also went with UMI tubular lowers. Car handles MUCH better and is nearly flat in the curves :-)

I would like to upgrade my rear sway bar.......... i think. I removed my front bar now my car seems to wonder on the highway, I need more grip on street/track. looking for more street help, bring to track a few times a year.i dont think the h&r bar would be $ well spent, what i mean is... at this point, i think spending $500 would be better spent on alky kit, but............ would the bar from full throttle for $150 help much over the stock bar for me at this point, i doubt i will do much more to my car i love the set up for the street light racing, i have ssm bars upper and lower and single air bag, snubber, kyb shocks and M.T street et, so what do you all think..........leave it alone.........upgrade ........spend $150.00 somewhere else.......please comment........someone must have this bar now.....see my sig and give feedback........more importantly......THANK YOU!!!........Tom

My rear setup is very close to yours and I too mostly run without a front swaybar for weight transfer. The 1 3/8 bar will definitely help you hook and make driving without a front swaybar much safer. I got mine from Full Throttle, was at my door in 2 days....$ well spent.

Do the H/R bar.

I know 500 is steep, but alky will be at least 350.00 for a new decent kit, and what good is more boost if U cant get it to the ground under launch. Also handling is absolutely vette like with that bar. Who knows when u might need to make a sudden move to avoid an accident. Best thing to do is take a ride in a car that has one installed, because the difference cannot be clearly stated.

hr bar

I changed to the hr bar and dropped just shy of 6 tenths , I also changed my lca's to a used set of metcos, I like not having to worry about my rear suspension not hooking up. Like the previous said the bar costs more but if you read older posts many guys are switching from the atr to the hr when they can afford to. that must mean something ....

Put an F-Body front swaybar on that so you arent all over the road. They are lightweight. I know a lot of people run their cars without a front swwaybar on the street but I honestly dont think it's very safe.

Put an F-Body front swaybar on that so you arent all over the road. They are lightweight. I know a lot of people run their cars without a front swwaybar on the street but I honestly dont think it's very safe.

I don't think so either.

The H&R bar is great but honestly if you don't drag race a lot it may not be worth it for you. I love racing and do it as often as I can. I don't want a cage in my car so I'm stuck running 11.50 or slower. I don't think a H&R bar is worth it for me. Look at your overall goals and decide if you need it. The Full Throttle bar works great I think for cars running 11.00 or slower(and still works fine well into the 10s).

Back