You can type here any text you want

Rear swaybar?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

6togo

Gettiing ready for a rear sway bar for my build going with a pro touring type bar i kinda want the best of both worlds good corner handling and good off the line launching. What bar would fit this catagory been told that the HR and BMR type big bar are way to stiff for turns this true?
Chris

The HR bar is definately a bad to the bone bar. No need to run a front bar at all, unless you are trying to corner better than a camaro. The BMR is supposed to be nice, but my choice was HR and I am very pleased with it.

Mike

How does your car handle in the turns though i know HR's bar is top shelf on the straights?
Chris

It does great in my opinion. I removed the front bar as I am not concerned about turns at all. It is tight though. I have had a back tire off the ground as I turned too sharp and the rear end would not tilt enough to what the car wanted for the speed verses the angle of the turn.

Don't know if that is what you are looking for or not. But my outlook on it.

Mike

That tells me it dont have much flex for the turns and i do plan on running a front bar also.
I did look at the hellwig bar when it was the talk around the forum most seem to like it but dont remeber hearing about it in the turns.
Chris

I ran the H&R bar at the strip and also on the auto-x years ago and it done very well at both and we were very pleased with it! We offer a similar style from DSE that is also chassis mounted and has double adjustments for the rate of the bar. This also handles fantastic on the street, Auto-x and at the strip... The rear DSE bar is available in 1" & 1-1/8" so the bar rates vary with size which are listed below. Since people like to see numbers lately here are the actual rates of the bars...

Either bar is $325

1" rear sway bar rate:

* Front Hole - 722 lb/in
* Rear Hole: - 947 lb/in

1-1/8" Rear sway bar rate:

* Front Hole - 1084 lb/in
* Rear Hole - 1422 lb/in

042206-g-bdy-rear-sway-bar-pic.jpg

Scot, I did look at the detroit bar the only thing i dont like is it sits in front of the rear cover i will be running a M9 moser housing and would like it to be visable the BMK bar really looks good under the M9 has about the same curves but kyle from BMR says its stiff and will probably be horrible in the turns! I know going for looks is petty!
Chris

I ran the H&R bar at the strip and also on the auto-x years ago and it done very well at both and we were very pleased with it! We offer a similar style from DSE that is also chassis mounted and has double adjustments for the rate of the bar. This also handles fantastic on the street, Auto-x and at the strip... The rear DSE bar is available in 1" & 1-1/8" so the bar rates vary with size which are listed below. Since people like to see numbers lately here are the actual rates of the bars...

Either bar is $325

1" rear sway bar rate:

* Front Hole - 722 lb/in
* Rear Hole: - 947 lb/in

1-1/8" Rear sway bar rate:

* Front Hole - 1084 lb/in
* Rear Hole - 1422 lb/in

View attachment 147869
Mine just arrived yesterday. Can't wait to install.

Back