You can type here any text you want

Rear Upper Control Arm Mounting Point Raised

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Hot Air

E85 and S.E./Carolinas Moderator
Staff member
I remember a bracket that attached to rear upper control arm mounting point on the differential to raise the IC. Anyone remember who makes/sells this part?

Who makes an aftermarket rear end housing that raises the upper control arm mounting point?
Conrad

Housing

I can get you a Moser Housing 12 bolt that will also raise the mounting point in a 12 bolt center section

Just PM probably can save you shipping cost. Which is better than NOTHING.
We usually make them with the 33 spline RACE axles that bolt in with Ford bearing ends and a chevy drum or disc brake flange bolt pattern. :)

Jim
J D Race.com
330 659 7117

Attachments

• moser g-body build 004.jpg
    moser g-body build 004.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 162
  • moser g-body build 003.jpg
    moser g-body build 003.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 177
My $.02...

First problem w/ the "no hops" from Lakewood, etc. They require you drill the web on the hsg. The bolt is pretty small, and presents a likelyhood that the housing will break at the hole.
I looked into a set.. The guy @ Summit had tried them on a car.. totalled the hsg on a launch w/ some stickys..:eek:
Just like FOX News... We report, you decide!:D

No Hop

That seems to be a bit bogus claim there. Think there is more to the story... I have had them in for almost 20 years and raced the POOP out of it with slicks trans brake 4000 stall. Car was high 11 sec car. I bet his bolts came loose at one time and that is what destroyed the housing. YOU must always when drag racing check all suspension parts periodically so thing like that do not happen ... That is your responsibility as a RACER .

Good luck with that ... There is always someone that has a mishap...But you usually find out other missing info that was not disclosed....lol. :) Jim

More info

Remember too we do not know the ET and stuff he was using. NOS 9 sec car should be using AFTERMARKET race suspension parts NOT a street 4 link factory set-up ...Also was this a 7.5 rear?

Like I said we need the whole story. :)

The whole

Remember too we do not know the ET and stuff he was using. NOS 9 sec car should be using AFTERMARKET race suspension parts NOT a street 4 link factory set-up ...Also was this a 7.5 rear?

Like I said we need the whole story. :)

story???
Sounds like you have all the bases covered w/ your experience level... We'll just leave it at that.

Those bars were put on my car by the previous owner and I've just left them on because Ive had no reason to change them. What do they actually do for the car? I was thinking of just taking them out and putting in tubular upper arms to go with my tubular lowers.

Also, I havent looked at them in a while, but do they use a bushing in the rear end housing? If i remember correctly, it looked like they bolted to the housing and there was a bushing on the upper portion, but not the lower in the housing.

According to the suspension guru's, it will make your car hook better. I'm told that all the aftermarket rear end housings incorporate raised upper mounts.
Conrad

theres a set for sale in the parts section...its from a couple of days ago anyways...but theres pic in the ad...do a search you should find them...joel

Those bars were put on my car by the previous owner and I've just left them on because Ive had no reason to change them. What do they actually do for the car? I was thinking of just taking them out and putting in tubular upper arms to go with my tubular lowers.

Also, I havent looked at them in a while, but do they use a bushing in the rear end housing? If i remember correctly, it looked like they bolted to the housing and there was a bushing on the upper portion, but not the lower in the housing.

i think they change the geometry of the rear suspension to move the instant center (the point where the links as seen from the side would converge if they were long enough to actually meet) back and down to help plant the rear tires better.

If the bars are used. Be SURE and weld the HR bracing or equiv to the rear lower control arm frame mounts.

IC center changes like the bars mentioned in this thread or SSM, lift bars, etc really put alot of stress on the frame mounts.

I had a 86 that the pass side lower control arm mount tore off the frame and the yoke pulled outta the trans and tore throught the floor. Had a loop but tore up some stuff.

I boxed in my 87's and all other G bodys that have are mid 12's or better should do it as well IMO

Back