You can type here any text you want

rear wheel cyl??

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

turbo96max

guys quick question. what year s10 is it that we need to buy to upgrade the rear wheel cyl? I just did my vac swap but the car doesnt stop when slowing down from high speeds. i have a lot of pedal fade . scary sh*&. pedal bottoms out and car still rolls. i am going to put new shoes bc my e brakes are barely there so im hoping that helps and i want to put the upgraded cylinders while im at it.

thanks guys

try adjusting your rear drums (to get rid of the excess travel) and bleeding the system again.

try adjusting your rear drums (to get rid of the excess travel) and bleeding the system again.

will do. now i bled the brakes at the master cylinder. so in other words i bled 2 screws at the master instead of 4 at each wheel. i was told this was fine. any feedback? also i read in the turboregal page that there should be a button pressed on the frame mounted prop valve in order for proper bleeding???

Did you bench bleed the master cylinder before you installed it on the car to get the air out, if not then you will have alot of air in the system. If you did bleed the master cylinder, bleed the whole system and adjust the rear shoes to the drums, assuming that your star wheel is not frozen up. Be careful when using the S 10 wheel cylinders, the rear shoes will grab first on a panic stop if your not careful! I have a part # for Wagner S 10 wheel cylinders here if it's still the same it's # F110261.

Did you bench bleed the master cylinder before you installed it on the car to get the air out, if not then you will have alot of air in the system. If you did bleed the master cylinder, bleed the whole system and adjust the rear shoes to the drums, assuming that your star wheel is not frozen up. Be careful when using the S 10 wheel cylinders, the rear shoes will grab first on a panic stop if your not careful! I have a part # for Wagner S 10 wheel cylinders here if it's still the same it's # F110261.

yeah i bench bles the master. can the rear brakes issue be addressed by changing the propotioning valve somehow? switching ports on the master for front and rear? does this only happen at a sudden full 100% panic brake? in your opinion will going to ls1 brakes help this out? or are you suggesting not going with the s10 cyl?

I'm not saying not to go with the S 10 wheel cylinders, your chances of them locking up alot quicker is greater with those wheel cylinders though, just gotta be careful. I've never tried them, just what i heard. Some day I will upgrade my brakes to the LS 1 brake set u. I heard the LS 1 brakes will not work with 15" rims because of caliper clearance, so that would mean all new rims too, at least 16' rims from what I heard.

I'm not saying not to go with the S 10 wheel cylinders, your chances of them locking up alot quicker is greater with those wheel cylinders though, just gotta be careful. I've never tried them, just what i heard. Some day I will upgrade my brakes to the LS 1 brake set u. I heard the LS 1 brakes will not work with 15" rims because of caliper clearance, so that would mean all new rims too, at least 16' rims from what I heard.

I have them and replacing them with the correct wheel cylinders is on my to do list for the reason you stated (lock up).

:eek: dam , any feedback from others that are using the s10 cylinders? i was told that going to organic shoes somehow helps this issue???

so if the ls brake upgrade inlly involve the calipers with brackets? is there a way to get bigger rotors in there?

I fixd my problem of the the bigger rear brake cylinders causeing the rear brakes to lock up by simply installing calipers from U.S. BRAKE sold by summit they have bigger pistons so this balances out the braking system and you do not get the rear locking up and and these calipers improve stoping distance you shoud also install a set of new rotors (no chinese) as they will warp,,,,calipers cost about 90 dollars each ....they work great on my gn,no more loseing control with my mt drag radials

Aren't those s-10 wheel cylinders a pain in the a$$ to install. I heard they don't fit right or something....???

Back