Rebuild update......

Freddie's Buick

Hell No! I'm not a junior
O.K. fellas...

Here's another one......I've been reading more dated material, (perhaps the stuff one learns in this forum should be put into an updated book).

If one wants a full all out racing 3.8....then one would want much higher oil pressure then the stock 14-lbs@ idle. :cool:

Jim Bell tells me if one wants a streetable performance 3.8, don't do the cam modification we've written about in past postings. :eek:

Although this mod gives the highest oil pressure......one has to take into account what exactly this car is going to be doing. A nice quick daily driver like the one I'm engaged in obtaining can do without this mod. Now if it were racing.....go for it! :D

Originally posted by Freddie's Buick
O.K. fellas...

(perhaps the stuff one learns in this forum should be put into an updated book).

Jim Bell tells me if one wants a streetable performance 3.8, don't do the cam modification we've written about in past postings. :eek:
Get Rich to add it to his web site :D

Didn't you do this mod to yours?

I agree GB......(but I already have that....and the booster plate). :D

Had I known earlier.....the cam mod would of been a cheaper oil pressure increase.

Only problem would be to remove that front cam bearing one needs special tools......(machinist stuff :eek: )

Oh well......life goes on....:rolleyes:

Back