You can type here any text you want

Rebuilt posi unit ???

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
12 bolt rear OE posi unit.
Here is my deal, i had my posi unit rebuilt with 400# springs and during slow driving (parking lot maneuvering) the rear clunks real bad -- it sounds like a "lockright" unit but at the track i've done quite a few one leg burnouts.
What gives?

Our cars have a 10 bolt not 12. Either way with a clutch type unit the fluid you use could be the reason. What fluid?

1968 Chevelle 12 bolt rear
I don't remember the fluid but i do have a leftover bottle
I also remember adding 2 extra bottles for a total of 3 bottles of the GM limited slip fluid additive.

If it does one leg burnouts, its toast. Pull it out and inspect. That clunk may be spider gears crunching around because they are broken. It won't heal itself. Don't buy used parts is my motto.

I am going to get some work done on the rear over the winter and have that looked at.
This is something that it has done since one.

all that posi lube that you put in might have made the oil too slippery and took out the clutches.. that stuff is only used to make the cars more quiet and easy to drive in parking lots and what not..

Back