You can type here any text you want

Recommendations for plug wires

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

DaJoker

DUMB QUESTION MEMBER
Going to be getting some new wires and I figured I would ask the pro's for their favorites. If it matters its a stocker. Tried a search but its not working today.

mail Russ Merritt ... rcmbuick3@msn.com ... he has MSD wires in black or red with gray boots ... nice quality !!!!

Attachments

• Melissaengine.JPG
    Melissaengine.JPG
    37.8 KB · Views: 226
Msd Super Conductor

Kma697 said:
Going to be getting some new wires and I figured I would ask the pro's for their favorites. If it matters its a stocker. Tried a search but its not working today.

SUMMIT RACING PRICE-$60.00
MSD PART # 31869 [RED]
SEE PHOTO ON MY CAR BELOW:

Razor said:
Hey you need to clean up that alternator :eek:

thats a special racing alternator!!!! suppose to give ya .10 ... so whats it goin to be like to have a girl go by ya :confused: :eek: :p

hmmmm ...lookin in Summitt I only see "red" wires :confused: now how did the red ones fit ??? :confused: I have never had any luck with wires that were not custom made for our cars .. usually they are a little long :mad: Julio where is my damm t shirt :mad: :p

wires

Hi,
I know you won't like this, but I have used AC/Delco 7 mm wires for years,and plugs, for that matter. It's not their fault the car was misfiring. It turns out the cam had a few bad lobes.That was the cause. The wires and plugs have held up admirably; 25K and I still trust them. Good luck with your trouble!

83ttypecooled said:
Hi,
I know you won't like this, but I have used AC/Delco 7 mm wires for years,and plugs, for that matter. It's not their fault the car was misfiring. It turns out the cam had a few bad lobes.That was the cause. The wires and plugs have held up admirably; 25K and I still trust them. Good luck with your trouble!

I don't expect the wires to fix anything just upgrading from the cheapo ones the previous owner put on. I think my coil pack is going to fix the problem, but thanks for the tip.

I got the Red MSDs from RamChargers when they were in business. Worked and fit good. I have heard good reviews on Red Armstrong too.

Get the MSD 8.5mm Super Conductor Wires...its a universal kit #31199...has multi-angle boots for the two by the DP if you are using a 3" DP that is. The kit is for 8 cyl. so you get 2 spare wires. These you cut to length and crimp on the ends. They fit and work great...not that hard of a job and you can make them fit however you want...comes with crimp tool as well. http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=MSD-31199&N=700+115&autoview=sku

picture.JPG

picture.JPG

~Scott

MSD is the only way to fly.
If you are handy buy a universal straight boot set for a v8
They come with the plug end on and you icut the wire and install the coil end
youself,You will also have 2 spare wires :)

KLHAMMETT said:
MSD is the only way to fly.
If you are handy buy a universal straight boot set for a v8
They come with the plug end on and you icut the wire and install the coil end
youself,You will also have 2 spare wires :)

I'm about as handy as a wet rag!! :D But I'm going with the MSD's!!!

Grumpy said:
thats a special racing alternator!!!! suppose to give ya .10 ... so whats it goin to be like to have a girl go by ya :confused: :eek: :p

She better be packing a bigger pill/tank.. I aint scarred to push da button :D

Let the trash talking begins....

112 in the 1/8 is your bullseye ;)

Grumpy said:
hmmmm ...lookin in Summitt I only see "red" wires :confused: now how did the red ones fit ??? :confused: I have never had any luck with wires that were not custom made for our cars .. usually they are a little long :mad: Julio where is my damm t shirt :mad: :p

I'll bring some to Reynolds for ya. What size are you now days?? Large??

I'm being nice :D

Back