RED Armstrong Chips

86Nick

Not your Grandpas' regal
I have three laying around and trying to figure which one is stock and which is for 009"s. I bought a set that was for oo9's. One was a 108 chip and one was a 93 octane. Also had a 93 chip for stock injectors. How can I tell the difference between the two 93's?

Take all 3 chips. Carefully place them horizontally in a row. Now study the writing on them as you securely wrap them individually in a plastic bag. Place the bag with the 3 chips in a box labeled "junk". Immediatly go to Turbotweak.com and order a 009 chip. Thats how you know which chip is for 009's.;)

I concur teh reds stuff alwasy have horrible cold start manners and are too rich.
Promise you, you will not belive the diference

I had Reds chip in my car when I purchased it a year ago and it ran good often. It would occasionally break up and have problems going above 4200 RPM and I worked on it for a little while until I put Erics chip in. That day, my car ran smoother that I could imagine. No break up, smooth take off and idle was much smoother.

I know Red had a lot of great chips back in the day, but Eric can make our cars run awesome.

JMHO

Mike

There is a difference, depends on your needs

I had Red Armstrong 93 Chip, GN ran rich, sputtered above 100 mph...

Last night, installed Accufab adj fuel regulator from Full Throttle Speed, added TURBO TWEAK 93 street chip & 60lb injectors, idle was INCREDIBLY MUCH BETTER... hands down smooth running car, shifting, starting...

Going to track tonight at WIR for real street drags, I live in Kaukauna and have drag strip 2 miles from home... no need for trailer...

since buying GN Hard top, in March 2008, I have added 3,000 miles... one of the best rust free cars I have seen, beat up when purchased, but a little paint and a few bolt on mods and all is well... plan is to drive 87 GN to NC and GA for 2 buick events and then back home to Wisconsin.

Last time I had my 'ole gray car out it went 123.75mph 1st pass off the trailer with 18psi boost and Amoco 93-octane... Oh, and a Red Armstrong chip... :rolleyes:

K.

Last time I had my 'ole gray car out it went 123.75mph 1st pass off the trailer with 18psi boost and Amoco 93-octane... Oh, and a Red Armstrong chip... :rolleyes:

K.
You also forgot to mention that was also with a severely cracked Terry Houston header. ;)
I went 10.96 @ 125.9 mph with several less bolt ons than most have this day & time, AND #3 exhaust lobe worn on a 206-206, with Reds chip. but Reds chip don't work.:rolleyes:

PS- I'm not knocking Eric's chips either. I think they are great and are very innovative. I have one in a car with the 60/65 injectors that his chip cleaned up the drivability. I believe the open-loop function was the big help there.

But... If you can't make power with one of Red's chip, as mentioned by some above, I'd look at the rest of your tune and combination.

K.

You also forgot to mention that was also with a severely cracked Terry Houston header. ;)
I went 10.96 @ 125.9 mph with several less bolt ons than most have this day & time, AND #3 exhaust lobe worn on a 206-206, with Reds chip. but Reds chip don't work.:rolleyes:

back in july 2000 I ran 10.69 @ 125 with bolt on and a Red 106 Race Chip..:rolleyes: