Remember me?

Tom L

Well, I'm back, but never really left to begin with! I posted last year regarding my 87' G/N thats still in the resto stage after 4 long years. This past weekend I saw the car at the bodyshop after 7 months and alot has been done! T roofs channels repaired and painted, floors all finished, door jams and trunk all done & painted and he even clear coated the option code tag inside the trunk too.:cool: He did a pre-paint on the hood & fenders and put them back on to see how it lines up and any imperfections. He still has to strip the bumpers. He now promises being painted by the end of March, there really isn't much left to do. Then put it all back together. From there I still need a new battery and aluminum radiator and change the oil & filter. Right now I'm anxious, but must admit very annoyed of reading about G/N's stolen in New Jersey. It makes me sick!! Somebody just walking on private property and taking something they want that you worked hard for. My G/N will NOT be parked outside in my driveway at all, just driven straight to, and from, car shows. No shopping centers or even a 7 eleven store. Be safe & alert out there!!

Welcome back mine was one of the ones stolen but i got it back where in Jersey are you who is doin the paint

Im back

I'm in North Jersey, Approx 15 minutes from wayne. A good friend of mine had started the resto 4 years ago but then had a few health problems and divorce so he couldn't finish it. 2 years ago I got connected to a body shop in palisades park and the guy who was doing it had a falling out with the new owner. Basically the owner told him to "Just finish the car" which meant to do a rush half ass job. He quit working there and has opened up a small shop in NY state near warwick. We pulled the car out & now he has it to finish. Nobody wants to do resto work anymore, its a dying business. Thankfully he isn't rushing it and doing quality work.

My G/N will NOT be parked outside in my driveway at all, just driven straight to, and from, car shows. No shopping centers or even a 7 eleven store. Be safe & alert out there!!

I know exactly how you feel!! When I got my GN back from it's year long resto, I no longer took it to any mall, shopping centers or anyplace I couldn't actually see it with my own two eyes!! Don't get me wrong, i'm not afraid to drive it just about anywhere, BUT it only takes a few minutes to steal a GN with a rollback!! NY and NJ along with Cal. seem to have the most posts on stolen Turbo Buicks so I would be pretty villagent!!

Ken