You can type here any text you want

Removed Throttle Body, Now It's Back On And Corrections Are Messed Up

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

ZBass28

Boost Junkie
About 2 weeks ago my throttle started to stick just above idle, I could see it on my FAST dash.
I sent the TB back to AS&M and it needed a slight cam adjustment and they basically went ahead
and just rebuilt the whole thing.

Now when I put it back on, my O2 corrections are up around 7-10%. Before this they were
perfect at about 0-3%.
I assume they probably messed with the throttle stop and TPS sensor, which might be causing some differenece, but
I've got the IAC target and TPS setting exactly where it was before ....what the heck else could it be?

Keeps getting weirder....

Went back today a bit and readjusted my VE table to get the corrections back around
0 to +5%. Had them all nailed perfectly and the car was nice and responsive. Went back with a
friend about 3 hours later and now the exact same program is showing anywhere from -5 to -7% corrections.
What the heck is up with that?

hmm.....maybe a sensor isn't working correctly? Causing the computer to keep reading different things and ultimately keep chaning the corrections?

question would be, which sensor?

I sprayed some starter fluid around for vac. leaks, nothing.

Since this post I have switched to bigger injectors, but occasionally seem to have the same thing happen. I'll get the corrections nailed perfect and then within even 30 minutes the corrections seems to swing another way or aren't as dead-on as they were previously. I am wondering if the hot weather conditions we are having could be playing a part in this as the engine warms up? Any chance the WBO2 isn't functioning as well as it should?

I'll keep an eye on it, maybe the heat is just getting to my brain :D

Back