Removing motor mounts?

Jicaju

Jicaju
Got motor where its ready to be jacked upand just have a question. Should I unbolt plate from motor which mount is bolted to and remove together or unbolt mount from plate? Reason I ask is I don't know if I can get wrench behind plate to hold bolt head. Thanks Jicaju

Can't help with the actual motor mounts as I haven't done mine yet (but will later this year).

Anyway when you raise the engine make sure to either remove the wiper motor or keep an eye on it so you don't crush the plastic housing.... very tight fit once you raise the engine.

Jan thats no problem just remove your EGR selinoid with bracket and there plenty of room. Found this out when replacing rear main seal.

Got them out was'nt to bad. Unbolted them from engine (two bolts on each side. After sliding them out then unbolted mount from plate. Just like everyone said both the same except for needing to trim drivers side. Originals even had same part number. Old ones had squashed about 1/4 inch. Jicaju

I think Jan was waiting for someone else to try this before he did his. Thanx for verifying the fact that both sides use the same mount (with the minor modification I reffered to last year) OK Jan your turn!!! Turbota. (just kidding)

yeh yeh I will get mine done turbota :) Got all the parts I need and will get started within the next month or so. I'm having some sub frame connectors installed this month so like to get that done first before I put my TTA on jackstands doing the front end suspension and motor mounts, also got the famous rear main seal oil leak to sort out :D