Repeat procedure.

Yes the tank will fit. I don't think they ever changed the frame or tank much since a 78 frame will fit under an 87 body. If you use the factory SFI gas tank then you'll need to cut the pressure down enough to use it. You'd be better off using an SFI tank with an NA sending unit and putting a pump on the frame. The SFI tank has a baffle in it to prevent fuel starvation at speed. Then use a regulator to cut the pressure down to where you can use it, but you'll also need to re-route the left over fuel back to the tank.

keep the 85 setup with the pump and use a re-circulating bypass regulator.

this will always ensure adequate fuel volume and keep it kool.

A.j.

Warning: I host the pics on Photobucket! I cannot host them on my computer, I do not leave my computer "on" it's only "on" while I'm using it. Sorry everyone, and you too Charlie on dialup.

OK

So on with my little side project: Clean clean clean. Then some manual machining.
This is a progressive linkage mechanical secondary, Holley 600cfm 4150 series, double pumper with two corner idle circuit.
HPIM0729.jpg

HPIM0728.jpg

HPIM0730.jpg

Now I'm not going to post pics this time, everyone knows what sandblasting looks like.

After being satisfied with my beburring and mild smoothing I sandblasted the outside of the main body and float blowls and prepped them for paint. After seeing so many carbs powdercoated or anodized I'm going to make this carb look brilliant and have anti corrosion properties. I'm working on the throttle plate and metering blocks now, Minor setback with two heads popping off of brass screws holding the butterflies on.

Sent you a PM Adam. It should help some. I'm looking foward to seeing how your carb comes out.

LOL I just noticed the linkback on your thread. It's to a Honda board. LOL

Here are some progress and teaser pics while I continue to work on the throttle plate and metering blocks, still have a few small pieces to prep for paint But the majority of the paint work and mods are done for the main body and float bowls.

Attachments

• HPIM0731.jpg
    HPIM0731.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 535
  • HPIM0732.jpg
    HPIM0732.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 531
  • HPIM0736.jpg
    HPIM0736.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 565
  • HPIM0738.jpg
    HPIM0738.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 506
  • HPIM0740.jpg
    HPIM0740.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 497
Purdy Adam. Looks like my PM worked for you after all. Go to TBS.com and give a kid a hand if you're a member please. He's wanting to do a blow through on a stock 4.1 and is being ignored. I directed him over here but I doubt he'll get here soon. Thanks.

Thank you Charlie, yes I used the tip.
I cannot find that thread over at TBuicks. Perhaps a PM with a link to the thread/

I'm watching this thread with interest!.....I might convert my 79 someday.
Do you feel a 600 cfm is adequate, or is it too early to tell?

Walt I use now and have the car tuned with an 800cfm Mighty Demon. It works Great , had to make a boost referenced power valve to help keep driveabilty up and keep the AFR solid and in the hot zone. I might be able to get close to the same performance and driveability with this 600cfm carb while using smaller jets and the smaller venturi but It has straight boosters so I'll experiment and see.

Found It Charlie!

LOL It looks like you found the thread without my help. I hope he comes over but you never know. As far as the tip, I didn't know how to post a pic either until someone told me. Make sure to bake the parts before you put it together or the fuel may screw up the paint. Been there a few times myself.

Thanks guys!
It's dbc series polyurethane it's been baked on at work.

Yeah Charlie someone really messed up with that linkback, lol

I finished all the mods and all the painting of this carb, took a little longer than I thought but I only worked on it at my day job in my free time, which isn't ample. I talked with one of my friends at "AAP" Advance Auto Parts and he cut me a deal and a discount for a holley 4150 rebuild kit, two nitro floats and an over-sized needle and seat assemblies and my special secret air cleaner gasket. $66. Yeah!
I'll get some pics up soon of the finished parts, but will have to hold off until I get the parts to finish this carb all the way together.