You can type here any text you want

replaced intake gasket coolant got into oil

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

esm

i replaced the intake gasket and thought i didnt get any coolant in the oil but when i drained the oil to change there was some coolant in it i didnt run the engine at all --- should i put 5 quarts in and drain it and then put in 5 more and run or since i drained it can and didnt run it can i just put in 5 quarts and let it run? there was maybe a half quart of coolant in oil , thanks

uh oh , your in trouble. They say if it get in the bearings.. motor rebuild time.. your trick may work though , better you get responses with someone more familiar with this type of situation though , hopefully they will chime in and help you out.

How long did you say it was like this?

Change the oil run the engine. Change again. and filter.(cheap insurance) you will be fine.

Thanks

Thanks You --- I Feel Much Better --- Im Waiting For A Fuel Pressure
Regulator -- Should Have It Any Day --- Then Ill Run It ---

Or drop the pan to get it all out.

Or drop the pan to get it all out.

You need to get ALL the contaminated oil out which means removing the pan, flushing the oil cooler, change the filter and remove oil in the pump, turbo lines and anywhere else.

Just takes a little amount of ethylene glycol to trash a bearing - engine or turbo. :mad:

even though i never ran the motor --- the coolant got in from removing
the intake --

it obviously got in through the valley where the lifters are. Did you see any coolant puddled up in there before you reinstalled the manifold? Being you did not run the engine, I would pull the 20 bolts real quick, and flush it out without the oil pan on. I would remove the pcv valve and gromit, and use a flexable funnel, and flush the valley out throughly. Reinstall the pan, and do the oil and filter flush as mentioned above. Next time. use an alternative coolant...

You need to get ALL the contaminated oil out which means removing the pan, flushing the oil cooler, change the filter and remove oil in the pump, turbo lines and anywhere else.

Just takes a little amount of ethylene glycol to trash a bearing - engine or turbo. :mad:

He should be ok just clearing the pan unless he cranked it over with the ethylene glycol in it. Another reason to run water as often as possible.

Back